The Hoaglin Wellness Center will be closed for Thanksgiving break, from Nov 19th - Nov 26th and will reopen on Nov 27 at 10 AM
The Hoaglin Wellness Center will be closed for Thanksgiving break
At Denison, students develop the habits and skills to manage their health and well-being on campus and throughout their lifetimes.
The Hoaglin Wellness Center at Denison is home to medical and counseling services where students can see a primary care provider, mental health clinician, psychiatrist, or nutritionist. Students can also learn and practice wellness-centered activities through interactive workshops, mindfulness opportunities, movement classes, and financial wellness coaching.
Three teams help you develop your optimal health
At Denison, students develop the habits and skills to manage their wellness while at college and throughout their lifetimes. Professional staff at the Hoaglin Wellness Center provide the inclusive high-quality care and educational resources students need to take ownership of their long-term wellness.
Denison’s partnership with The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center provides expanded services for the Denison community. The Ohio State Wexner Medical Center’s recognized expertise in health and wellness and health care administration make the medical center an ideal partner to enhance the health care services offered on Denison’s campus.
Schedule preventative medical care services and more through your personal MyWellness Portal.
There are lots of ways to belong at Denison — more than 250 student groups are self-organized around identity, favorite activities, club sports, and more. Find your way to get involved!
Classes, workshops, and groups to help you cultivate skills and habits for lifelong well-being.
An Award-Winning Wellness Standard
Professional staff at the Hoaglin Wellness Center provide the inclusive high-quality care and educational resources students need to take ownership of their long-term wellness. Denison has been recognized for our innovative commitment to student wellness with the prestigious Active Minds Healthy Campus Award.
Denison has demonstrated a longstanding commitment to wellness.
During the past decade, we have:
- Partnered with the OSU/Wexner Medical Center to enhance the health care services offered on Denison’s fully residential campus.
- Expanded our vision for wellness, added staffing resources to meet the changing health needs of students.
- Partnered with the JED Foundation to develop a plan for supporting student mental health.
- Built a robust financial wellness program to support students’ economic well-being. Given this ongoing commitment to wellness, Denison was recognized as an Active Minds Healthy Campus Award winner in 2020.
In spring 2022, a committee of faculty, staff, and students drafted a cross-institutional strategy for well-being to guide our work over the next several years. This collective work demonstrates Denison’s whole-campus approach and commitment to wellness.
Yes. Please schedule an appointment for these services with a nurse practitioner or physician, counseling clinicians, a musculoskeletal specialist or physical therapy services. We encourage you to be in charge of your health, therefore you must make the appointment.
Yes, with approval from your allergist. See instructions for receiving your allergy injections while at Denison.
These are found in your MyWellness portal.
- Log into MyDenison, select MyWellness portal.
- Go to Downloadable Forms, which can be found in the menu bar to the left side of the screen.
There are several types of Release of Information forms:
- External Release of Information form for sharing information between the Hoaglin Wellness Center and any non-Denison organizations/practitioners.
- Counseling Services Internal Release of Information form allows Counseling Services to communicate with Professors, Deans, etc.
- Medical Services Internal Release of Information form allows Medical Services to communicate with Professors, Deans, etc.