Hours & Appointments
If you have a life-threatening emergency please call 911 or campus safety: 740-587-0810
Please call 740-587-6200 (press #1 for scheduling) for the following:
- To make regular, non-emergency medical or behavioral health appointments, you may call between 8:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Your appointment with our health professionals may take place outside these hours.
- 24-hour emergency triage by a registered nurse, who works by appointment except in the case of an emergency.
- On-call counselor for behavioral crisis assistance on evenings and weekends.
- Counseling offers extended hours Monday through Thursday.
- Psychiatrist and Dietitian Referrals: To make an appointment with either the psychiatrist or clinical dietitian you will need to have an initial appointment with one of our providers.
- In addition, a “Walk-in Hour” for behavioral crisis takes place Monday through Friday from 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. No appointment is necessary.
The Wellness Center is open through the academic school year and is closed for the following breaks: Thanksgiving, Winter, Spring, and Summer. Community resources are available to assist with your physical and mental wellness during these breaks if you remain on campus, please see below.
- Newark Valley Urgent Care: 740-522-0222
- Licking Memorial Hospital Urgent Care
- Licking Memorial Hospital Emergency Room
- Emergency 911
- 24/7 Crisis Hotline of Central Ohio: 211 or 740-345-HELP (4357)
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1(800)273-TALK (8255)
- National Hopeline Network: 1(800)SUI-CIDE (784-2433)
- Lifeline Crisis Chat (live messaging)
- Crisis Text Line: Text “START” to 741-741
The Whisler Center for Student Wellness is located just over the hill behind Huffman Hall on the East Quad. For employee wellness information, please visit MyDenison.
Please call 740-587-6200 and press #1 to schedule an appointment with a member of our medical or behavioral staff
*Given demand for student appointments, we ask that you cancel any appointment you are unable to attend.
Counseling “Walk-in Hour”:
No appointment necessary
Monday through Friday
11:30 am - 12:30 pm.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: