Hours & Appointments
If you have a life-threatening emergency please call 911 or campus safety: 740-587-0810
The Wellness Center at Whisler Hall is a clinic and is equipped to meet student’s primary medical and counseling needs. The Wellness Center is not equipped to handle all medical and mental health concerns and students may be referred to a local hospital to ensure they receive the best possible care.
Triage Care for Minor Acute Illness Walk-in Hours
- Sunday - Saturday: 07:30 AM – 9:00 PM
- After 9:00 PM - emergency services only (physical/mental emergencies)
Primary Medical Care by Appointment
- Monday and Wednesday 12:00 PM – 4:00 PM
- Tuesday 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM
- Thursday 8:30 AM – 7:30 PM
- Friday 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Sports Medicine by Appointment (Available to all students)
- Mondays & Thursdays 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM
Limited* Observation Care
Limited observation care is available for students who are too ill to be in their room and need supportive care. Examples include acute norovirus, mono or strep throat, students returning from a hospital stay, alcohol-related observation). *When more intensive observation is needed, students will be transferred to a local hospital.
Individual Teletherapy Hours by Appointment
- Mondays - Thursday - 8:30 AM -12:30 PM and 1:30 PM -7:30 PM
- Fridays - 8:30 AM - 12:30 PM and 1:30 PM - 4:30 PM
Counseling Same-Day Virtual Appointments
Monday - Friday 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM and 3:30 PM -4:30 PM
If you remain on campus during breaks, community resources are available to assist with your physical and mental wellness.
- Mental Health Resource List
- Get an external online referral via ThrivingCampus
- Access 24/7 crisis support through ProtoCall counseling - 740-587-6647
- Emergency 911
- 24/7 Crisis Hotline of Central Ohio: 211 or 740-345-HELP (4357)
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1(800)273-TALK (8255)
- National Hopeline Network: 1(800)SUI-CIDE (784-2433)
- Lifeline Crisis Chat (live messaging)
- Crisis Text Line: Text “START” to 741-741
- ProtoCall Counseling (24/7/365 crisis support): 740-587-6647
Please call 740-587-6200 and press #1 to schedule an appointment with a member of our medical or behavioral staff
*Given demand for student appointments, we ask that you cancel any appointment you are unable to attend.
Counseling Same-Day Virtual Appointments:
Monday through Friday
11:30 am - 12:30 pm and 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm
Call 740-587-6200 to get connected with a same-day appointment.
24/7 Crisis Counseling:
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: