Hours & Appointments
Whisler Center for Student Wellness
The Whisler Center for Student Wellness is located just over the hill behind Huffman Hall on the East Quad. For employee wellness information, please visit MyDenison.
IF YOU HAVE A LIFE-THREATENING EMERGENCY PLEASE CALL 911
OR CAMPUS SAFETY 740.587.0810
Please call 740.587.6200 (press #1 for scheduling) for the following:
- To make regular, non-emergency medical or behavioral health appointments, you may call between 8:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Your appointment with our health professionals may take place outside these hours.
- 24-hour emergency triage by a registered nurse, who works by appointment except in the case of an emergency.
- On-call counselor for behavioral crisis assistance on evenings and weekends.
- Counseling offers extended hours Monday through Thursday.
- Psychiatrist and Dietitian Referrals: To make an appointment with either the psychiatrist or clinical dietitian you will need to have an initial appointment with one of our providers.
- In addition, a “Walk-in Hour” for behavioral crisis takes place Monday through Friday from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. No appointment is necessary.
The Wellness Center is open through the academic school year and is closed for the following breaks: Thanksgiving, Winter, Spring, and Summer. Community resources are available to assist with your physical and mental wellness during these breaks if you remain on campus.
- Urgent Care Licking Memorial, 14 Westgate Dr. Newark, OH 43055: 220.564.7500, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday through Friday; 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday and Sunday
- Licking Memorial Hospital: 220.564.4000
- Behavioral Health Partners of Central Ohio: 740.522.8477
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800.273.8255
- Text “Connect” to 741741 for free confidential text line for behavioral health support
- Campus Safety: 740.587.0810
Please call 740-587-6200 and press #1 to schedule an appointment with a member of our medical or behavioral staff
*Given demand for student appointments, we ask that you cancel any appointment you are unable to attend.
Counseling “Walk-in Hour”:
No appointment necessary
Monday through Friday
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: