Fitness is a state of health and well-being. When your body is able to get enough rest, nutrition, and some moderate to vigorous exercise, your stress levels lower, and your general outlook and well-being are improved.
Denison is a walkable campus. Just by walking to classes and activities every day, you are increasing your fitness. And, simply spending time outdoors has been shown to improve your mental health as well.
The Mitchell Center is another great place to increase your fitness and expand your personal community.
- Crown Fitness Center: You can work out at the Crown Fitness Center with more than 100 pieces of equipment, including treadmills, ellipticals, stationary bikes, rowers, climbers, strength equipment and free weights.
- Trumbull Aquatics Center: Swimming is a great way to improve fitness and relieve stress. The Trumbull Aquatics Center is one of the most advanced facilities of its kind, the aquatics center features a 50-meter long, 25-yard wide competition course, a large diving well, and hot tub area and a sauna.
- Fitness Classes: Denison offers lots of fitness classes, including Pilates, CycleFit, Zumba, Barre, and Yoga.
- Club and Intramural Sports: Club and Intramural Sports are a fantastic way to meet friends, improve your skills, relieve anxiety and just have a really good time. With 45 teams, you’ll find your niche.
- Varsity Sports: Even if you’re not on one of Denison’s 24 varsity DIII sports teams, you can be a Big Red fan. Come on down to the Mitchell Center and Big Red sports fields and join in the excitement.
Please call 740-587-6200 and press #1 to schedule an appointment with a member of our medical or behavioral staff
*Given demand for student appointments, we ask that you cancel any appointment you are unable to attend.
Counseling “Walk-in Hour”:
No appointment necessary
Monday through Friday
11:30 am - 12:30 pm.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: