How to Access a Licensed Mental Health Professional
As we start another academic year, the staff at The Whisler Center for Student Wellness (WCSW) want to remind the campus community that there are several ways to access the support of a WCSW counselor:
- To schedule a counseling appointment, please call (740) 587-6200 and press “option 1.” Appointments are generally scheduled between 8:30 am and 5:30 pm.
- Walk-in hours are offered daily (Mon-Fri), from 10:30 to 11:30 am.
- A counselor can also be accessed after hours by calling (740)587-6200, and requesting to speak to the “counselor on-call.”
- “Let’s Talk” is a new program that offers an opportunity for an informal but confidential conversation with a counselor. Students can feel free to stop by and talk. This week, counselors will be available as follows:
- Wednesday, 9/6/2017 – 11:30-12:30 – Higley Hall, First Year Lounge (1st floor)
- Thursday, 9/7/2017 – 11:30 – 12:30 – Slayter, 4th floor
- 2:30 – 3:30 - Slayter, 4th floor
- 3:30 – 4:30 – Mitchell, Room 127A
- 5:00 – 6:00 – Curtis Dining Hall
Wellness is a priority at Denison. We are committed to helping students develop strong life habits of wellness. We encourage you to know and take care of yourself, using both natural supports of friends, family, and faculty and staff with whom you are close, seeking the support of counseling staff as needed. It is also important that we extend support to others, honoring, and valuing the gift of connection.