Award-winning Career Center
The Knowlton Center for Career Exploration starts working with students from their first semester on campus and sticks by them long after graduation. From building a resume, to landing an internship, to getting into graduate school or finding a great first job out of college, the 16 career coaches at the Knowlton Center are there for students every step of the way.
- 96% of recent graduates are working in their desired field or position
- $600,000+ for internship stipends
- 100+ on-campus career programs
- Recruiters from Business, Technology, Healthcare, Finance and more
- 16 career coaches and over 3,300+ personal coaching sessions per year
Design Thinking & Entrepreneurship Lab
Calling all entrepreneurs and problem solvers. In the Red Frame Lab you can workshop your own ideas or partner with companies across a large range of industries to solve real-world problems (and boost your career network). Simply put, the Red Frame Lab offers opportunities to flex your entrepreneur and consulting skills.
- Entrepreneurs-in-Residence advise, coach, and mentor students
- RED Corps students solve real-world challenges through design-thinking
- Remix entrepreneurship conference connects alumni and students
- Innovative Programs: Design Thinking Test Drives, RED Start Up, UX Design Workshop, Brand Lab
Downtown Columbus Career Launch Center
The Denison Launch Lab connects you with big-city career assets, ed-tech firms, and entrepreneurs right in our city next door. You’ll explore your strengths, bridge your major and career options, amplify your network with meaningful connections, while building relevant skills.
- Cutting-edge programs: data analytics, finance, management, marketing, sales, human resources, business analysis & more
- Programs and certifications that enhance your Denison education
- Taught by business and industry leaders
- Network with professionals, alumni, and peers from multiple universities
National Fellowships & Undergraduate Research Office
Denison’s Lisska Center is your go-to place for funded research and scholarship opportunities. You can be a paid summer scholar conducting one-on-one research with a faculty mentor, conduct international research, and launch into a post-graduate fellowship. The possibilities are diverse and exciting.
- Top Producing Fulbright University
- International research opportunities
- Paid summer research and travel grants for international research
- 58 percent of students have worked one-on-one with a faculty member on a research project
SUMMER ACCELERATOR 2021
Get the Edge
This summer take control of your career. A specially curated suite of programs will sharpen your thinking, build your skills, and forge the experiences and connections that will give you the edge.
- Essentials of Finance & Accounting
- Data Analytics
- Selling: The Art of Persuasion
- Immersion Program: Design Thinking for Business Transformation
A Denison Education Sets You Apart (and we can prove it): We call it the Denison Difference.
At Denison, you get a liberal arts education, plus pragmatic skills for the workplace. Employers want people who can assess a situation, ask probing questions, research the issue and propose solutions. They also want you to know how to master an excel sheet, manage a meeting, and budget your time. Students in every major learn these critical skills. It’s our secret sauce, and we’ve got the data to prove it.
Fun Facts about Columbus:
No. 1 City to Work in Tech
No. 2 in the nation for hiring
One of the fastest-growing cities in the country
Top 10 Major City for Young Entrepreneurs