We are thrilled that you are considering Denison as a transfer applicant, and we look forward to reading your application!
We Make It Easy!
Our admission policies reflect our commitment to providing equal access to a phenomenal Denison education:
Denison applicants have not been required to submit ACT or SAT scores since 2008. If you choose to be a test-optional admission candidate, simply select that option on your application, and we will focus on all the other things that make you great.
No Fee to Apply for Admission
Proof that the phrase “Nothing good in life is free” is pure fallacy. Put that money toward your phone bill or something much more fun than app fees.
No Supplemental Essay Required
That’s us helping you find time to rewatch a few episodes of The Office for the 100th time—or is that just us?
If you are currently or previously enrolled at an accredited post-secondary institution, you must apply to Denison as a transfer applicant, and if you are admitted, your credits will be evaluated according to our transfer credit policy.
Transfer students interested in Denison must submit the Denison Transfer Application.
- Spring Semester (January start): November 15
- Fall Semester (August start): April 15
Transfer applicants typically receive decisions on a rolling basis about one month after the application is complete.
Transfer Admission Application 101
In evaluating your application to Denison, we take a number of things into consideration about you as an individual. We are seeking students who have demonstrated a seriousness toward their academic life and who, in addition, would bring a variety of interests, characteristics, and personal qualities to our dynamic campus community.
- Denison Transfer Application (required): Once you submit your application, you will be emailed a confirmation that includes login information for your online portal. This portal is where you can keep track of your other application materials.
- Interview (recommended): An interview is not required for admission consideration, but we do encourage applicants to complete one as an interview can provide a more personal element to your application. Interviews happen in a number of ways. Learn More »
- Arts Supplement (optional): Students who have an interest in cinema, creative writing, dance, music, studio art, or theatre may submit supplementary arts materials for faculty evaluation. If submitted, students will be eligible to receive a departmental scholarship. This is done through the Denison Applicant Portal, which is available once the Common or Coalition Application has been submitted.
- Student Conduct Form (required): A completed student conduct form must come from all colleges or universities attended.
- Official College Transcript (required): We will use this to recalculate your GPA and evaluate your academic performance and course selection.
- Official High School Transcript (required): We will use this to contextualize your most recent academic performance in college.
For more information, please contact:
All offers of admission are conditional based on Denison’s Conditions of Admission policy.
Denison University is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in matters of admission, employment, and housing, and in access to and participation in its education programs, services, and activities. No person shall be discriminated against on the basis of race, national or ethnic origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, religion, creed, or disability.