We believe professional readiness happens when students develop the skills, experiences, and relationships that prepare them not just to find a job but to build a life.
“A great college experience helps students decide the kind of life they want to lead, how work facilitates that life and gives them the attributes, networks and experiences to get there.”
— President Adam Weinberg
1:1 Career Coaching
Our 16 career coaches provide almost 3,800 personal consultations each year. We help you explore who you are, what you need, what you have to contribute, and then focus these insights to help you plan your future.
Career communities gather the people, opportunities, tools, and resources you need to explore a range of career paths, industries and professions.
These signature programs are developed especially for you to identify your passions and talents, hone your skills, and launch into your preferred career. Connections to the Denison network of over 40,000 alumni support you along the way.
You can participate in a series of three-day workshops, tailored to your class year, that cover career-essentials and other topics based on your personal interests.
Offered during winter break and guided by career coaches, you will:
- Master career basics,
- Explore industries and career paths,
- Network with Denison alumni and professionals,
- Fine-tune your interviewing skills,
- Articulate your experiences
- Boost your confidence
Boot camps are organized by class years, affinity groups and topics, including Junior Career Ready Boot Camp, Senior Career Ready Boot Camp, International Student Boot Camp and Internship Boot Camp.
Career Launch Mentorship
Connect with alumni and parents in your field of interest or desired city, and receive support in finding internships and job opportunities through our Wisr platform.
Designing Your Life
The same design thinking responsible for amazing technology, products, and spaces can be used to design and build your career and your life.
Short, exploratory company site visits and networking events give you understanding and professional knowledge to plan your future with confidence. Our First Look programs are varied to cater to a range of experiences and interests: First Look Road Trip, Job Shadow, Informational Interviews, Graduate School Up-Close, and Employers Up-Close.
- First Look Road Trip — This spring break trip sends a small teams to 4-5 cities. Tour companies, ask questions, and learn about specific topics and career paths.
- Job Shadow — 1-2 day job shadows are ideal first introductions to potential career fields as you build meaningful relationships and gain skills.
- Informational Interviews — Meet professionals and learn about their career paths. Talk about job descriptions, daily responsibilities, company culture, career paths, and more.
- Graduate School Up-Close — Visit a university of interest with your Denison classmates.
- Employers Up-Close — Tour a company and learn about an employer on a deeper level. Discuss company culture, job responsibilities, opportunities, and more.
The Denison Internship Program offers a structured learning experience as you explore career fields and apply your academic knowledge to the workplace.
The Journey Program is an immersive exploration experience, designed to help you identify career interests and create a roadmap for your time at Denison.
Get the most from your second year at Denison with a month of career exploration events, programs, and opportunities. Learn about special support from 30+ campus offices and academic departments at the Sophomore Resource Fair, and more.