The mission of Denison’s Lisska Center for Intellectual Engagement is to promote intellectual dialogue and scholarly excellence on campus. Our mission is to:
- advise and support students and recent alumni applying for nationally and internationally competitive fellowships and scholarships;
- coordinate Denison’s Summer Scholars program;
- provide funding for student research and academic enhancement travel;
- support faculty in their role as scholars;
- sponsor a range of multidisciplinary programs and events.
To achieve this mission, the Lisska Center:
Mentors students, recent alumni, and faculty applying for nationally and internationally competitive fellowships and other awards
Coordinates Denison’s Summer Scholars program
Serves as a funding hub for student research and academic enhancement travel
Sponsors an array of multidisciplinary programs and events, including Research Tables and the Experimental College
In 2016, the Gilpatrick Center for Fellowships and Student Research was rededicated as the Lisska Center for Scholarly Engagement in honor of Philosophy professor, Dr. Anthony Lisska. Reinvigorating the Gilpatrick Center as the Center for Scholarly Engagement is a strategic priority for the college. Our aim is to create a stronger, single point of contact for mentorship, programming, funding, advocacy, and leadership in relation to intellectual and scholarly life on campus.