Concern for a student

How do I know if my friend needs help?  

If you notice changes in a student but are unsure of how to support them or deal with it, call us at 740-587-6200. Please note we do not allow anyone to make an appointment on behalf of a student. If a student does come to us for help, it is completely confidential.  

If your friend refuses to get help, you may need to call 911 or your local emergency response team on their behalf. Remember: this is someone you care about, who may not be thinking clearly at this time. They may resist your efforts now, but later, when the crisis has passed, they will be alive to thank you.  

You can report a concern about a student. To express concern for a student who has:

  • Academic concerns, including about absences and grades
  • Physical or mental health concerns
  • Social or general concerns, including loss of a loved one

Complete the CARE Referral form. This report is shared with the Student Life, who may connect the student of concern with appropriate resources. If you have any questions, feel free to contact the Student Life.

Contact Us


Please call 740-587-6200 and press #1 to schedule an appointment with a member of our medical or behavioral staff

*Given demand for student appointments, we ask that you cancel any appointment you are unable to attend.

Counseling Same-Day Virtual Appointments:

Monday through Friday
2:30 pm - 4:00 pm
Call 740-587-6200 to get connected with a same-day appointment.

24/7 Crisis Counseling:


National Suicide Prevention Lifeline:

1-800-273-TALK (8255)

What's Happening

More From Denison
Academic Majors
Academic Majors
Living at Denison
Living at Denison
Study Abroad
Study Abroad
Study Abroad
Career Exploration
Career Exploration