For the most up-to-date information, please see Denison’s primary COVID-19 Coronavirus information page.
March 9, 2020
In light of the current concerns about the coronavirus, during the next 90 days Aetna insurance is offering zero co-pay telemedicine visits and is waiving co-pays for all diagnostic testing relating to COVID-19.
Denison is following all CDC protocols with regard to the coronavirus.
If you are exhibiting flu-like symptoms, including fever, cough and shortness of breath, we recommend that as a first step, you stay home and engage an Aetna telemedicine visit, through their Teledoc service. You can also download the CVS Minute Clinic App and schedule a video visit. Taking these steps even before visiting your primary care doctor will allow you to get good diagnostic care without exposing yourself or possibly spreading the coronavirus to others in doctors’ waiting rooms.
If you are experiencing flu-like symptoms, we recommend that you:
- Stay at home and investigate your illness.
- Engage with the Aetna telemedicine visit, through their Teledoc service OR
- Download the CVS Minute Clinic App and schedule a video visit.
- Contact your primary care doctor for further testing if advised. Please let them know at the time of the appointment that you may have been exposed to the coronavirus.
Aetna also is following CDC guidelines and has provided good information about the coronavirus and your health. Through Aetna’s Healing Better program, members who are diagnosed with COVID-19 will receive a care package containing CVS over-the-counter medications to help relieve symptoms. The package will also include personal and household cleaning supplies to help keep others in the home protected from potential exposure.
As always, you can limit your chance of infection by taking the following preventative actions:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
We are committed to maintaining the health and safety of everyone here. Denison is taking the threat of coronavirus/COVID-19 seriously. We have established a cross-institutional team to do high-level planning with regard to all students, faculty, and staff. We are sharing timely communication of all updates. Thank you for your collaboration in this situation as we continue to do our work of providing our students with an exceptional liberal arts education.