Sexual & Reproductive Healthcare
The Medical team at the Hoaglin Wellness Center provides many resources in support of sexual and reproductive health.
Sexual Health Resources
- Annual exams for sexual health
- HIV testing
- STD/STI testing, information, counseling and care for infections and sexually transmitted diseases, including gonorrhea, syphilis, chlamydia, and herpes
- Support and information for negotiating safer sex practices
- Free internal and external condoms, lubricant, and dental dams
- HPV vaccine by prescription
- Hepatitis B vaccine
Women’s Health Services
- Care and support regarding menstrual problems
- Pregnancy testing and options, counseling, and referrals
- Pelvic exams and pap smears
- Breast health information and exams
- Gynecological referrals as needed
- Women’s Health Information available through the My Wellness portal
- Pregnancy tests (at-home and clinical tests)
- Plan B
- Contraception: Providers in the Wellness Center can prescribe and refill birth control. They can also provide assistance in choosing contraceptive methods. The Wellness Center can prescribe oral birth control, injectable birth control, and Nexplanon, an arm implant birth control, and can make off-campus referrals for IUDs.
Condoms, dental dams, and over-the-counter pregnancy tests are available in the lobby of the Hoaglin Wellness Center.
For students facing financial hardship, Red Thread Grants can provide coverage (typically up to $300) for some of these wellness-related expenses, if not covered by insurance.