There’s a lot going on in your residence hall — and it takes two teams to keep things moving. Student Housing Operations & Planning handles all the building maintenance and operations. Residential Communities works with student and staff leaders to plan activities and take care of the social side of things. You’ll find more details about what they do below.
Student Housing Operations & Planning
- handles keys and IDs
- oversees housing selection and room changes
- works with students and staff when operational issues arise with residential buildings
- leads the planning of renovations of residence halls.
- Cultivate communities: safe, fun, interesting engagement that creates a sense of home
- Foster life skills: tools to achieve well-being and the goals that brought us here
- Engage through difference: learn from diverse viewpoints and experiences
- Understand ourselves: reflect on and question our stories, decisions, and ideas
- Community Advisors and Community Coordinators live in the residence halls and help students design and refine community
- Administrative staff in the Curtis Community Center provide additional support and vision for what it means to live and learn in community
Denison University’s programs, offerings, events and arrangements are subject to change in the event of exigent circumstances, including the ongoing COVID-19 situation.
HOUSING OPERATIONS & PLANNING:
Doane Administration - 102
For keys & IDs, housing selections, room changes
Curtis West Hall - Community Center
For programming in leadership development, civic engagement and creative problem-solving