Room Assignments for First-Year Students
- Once a prospective student has been accepted to Denison University and has paid the initial deposit, they will be sent the First-Year Notebook.
- Students may apply for housing via their MyHousing Portal (MyDenison) upon receiving their First-Year Notebook.
- The Housing Preference Form is due in early June and is used to make first-year housing assignments.
- Housing Preference Form — (required. This form is located on MyDenison, under MyApps, then MyHousing.)
- Transfer Students Housing Preference Form — (required, transfer students only, can be found on MyDenison)
Due to conference use of facilities and facility renovations, student check-in prior to the Thursday before the first week of classes cannot be accommodated.
Since there will be a large number of first-year students arriving, you are asked to plan your arrival according to the times below, or as near as possible:
- 8:30am — 9:30am — Last names beginning with the letter A through H
- 9:30am — 10:30am — Last names beginning with the letter I through P
- 10:30am — 12:00pm — Last names beginning with the letter Q through Z
- 11:30am — 12:00pm — Open check in
First Year students arriving after 12:00pm (noon) should pick up their keys at the Curtis Community Center. Please keep in mind orientation begins at noon.
Please report directly to your residence hall lobby to check-in. Refer to the campus map in your new student notebook to check whether your residence hall is located on the East Quad, West Quad, or North Quad of campus. East Quad residents need to enter campus through the Main or Northeast entrance. West Quad and North Quad residents will enter campus through the Northeast (follow the road up the hill adjacent to the athletic stadium) or the Southwest entrance (off Burg Street next to Shorney residence hall).
First-year students, please contact the First-Year Program Office with any questions.
Room Assignments for Returning Students
- Rising seniors, juniors and sophomores are housed through an online housing selection process each spring semester.
- Returning students may live in any housing assignment that is not designated as a First-Year Residence Hall.
- All residence halls are smoke-free and illegal drug-free.
- Returning students are guaranteed a housing assignment within campus housing, but not a specific space or type of room.
Early arrivals to campus generally cannot be accommodated. Returning students with extenuating circumstances may be request an early arrival to campus by visiting the Student Housing Operations & Planning site on MyDenison. Click “early arrivals” at left. If approved, students will receive arrival instructions via email. Check-In Location for returning student move-in day: driveway behind Doane Administration; follow signs on President’s Drive.
HOUSING OPERATIONS & PLANNING:
Doane Administration - 102
For keys & IDs, housing selections, room changes
Curtis West Hall - Community Center
For programming in leadership development, civic engagement and creative problem-solving