Student Health Insurance Plan
All full-time students enrolled at Denison University are eligible for and included in the Student Health Insurance Plan.
Enrollment in the Student Health Insurance Plan is required for students who are not covered under a comprehensive family or individual plan or those who are covered under an out of area HMO plan, out of state Medicaid plan or a cost sharing plan.
This plan is optional for students covered under a comprehensive family or individual plan. Please note that a waiver request will undergo verification that your family or individual plan will provide adequate coverage.
Students must enroll or request to waive coverage by July 27, 2023. Lack of a completed waiver request by July 27, 2023, defaults to automatic acceptance of the insurance policy.
Coverage Cost & Billing
The estimated insurance cost for the 23-24 academic year is $1,365. The premium is charged only once per year during the first semester of full-time enrollment for the academic year. This is the fall semester for most students, including fall off-campus-program participants. This charge will appear in the Denison statement.
2023-24 Year: Coverage beginning 8/1/23 to 7/31/24.
Purchase & Enroll in Student Health Insurance
If you do not have health insurance through another individual or family plan, you must purchase and enroll in the Denison Student Health Insurance Plan.
How To Enroll
- Go to https://www.studentinsurance.com/Client/1494
- Select the “Enroll” Option
- New students will have to “Create a New Account”
- Once you have successfully logged into your account, proceed with the enrollment process as directed
- Once enrolled, you will have the ability to print or email your Online ID Card under “Student Options”
Student Health Insurance Plan ID Card
A Student Health Insurance ID card is available for students who have enrolled in coverage. Please log into Wellfeet and choose “Discover your benefits” to access your card.
The student should carry the card with them at all times. It provides information necessary for filing a claim. In the event that medical attention is required, this card should be presented to providers at the time services are rendered.
Student Health Insurance Waiver Information
If you do not want to enroll in the Student Health Insurance coverage, provided that you have a comprehensive family or individual plan, you must complete the required online insurance waiver request and upload proof of insurance by July 27, 2023. Enrollment is automatic for all students unless the waiver is completed and approved; however, enrollment is necessary to access your Student Health Insurance ID card.
How to Request A Waiver
- Go to https://www.studentinsurance.com/Client/1494.
- Select “Waive” option.
- New students will have to “Create a New Account.”
- Once you have successfully logged into your account, proceed with the waiver request process as directed. You will need your current insurance information for this step.
- After submission of your current insurance information and once verification is complete, you will receive a Confirmation or a Declined email.
- Declined waiver? Follow the instructions provided in the email.
- Approved waiver? Retain a copy of the confirmation email for your records.
Note on Off-Campus Programs: The Denison Student Health Insurance Plan is an annual plan. Students who are participating in off-campus programs for one semester and expect to be on campus for the other, must accept or waive the insurance for the entire academic year. We urge you to review the plan as coverage is in effect anywhere in the world and includes medical evacuation and repatriation expenses.
Accident Only Insurance Plan
Denison has purchased an Accident Only Insurance Plan for all full-time students. The plan covers all full-time students regardless of whether they accept or waive the Denison Student Health Insurance Plan. The maximum benefit of this plan is $2,000 per covered injury for eligible expenses.
Denison Athletics and Club Sports
Denison has purchased two supplemental medical insurance plans to cover our athletes, with a maximum benefit of $90,000 for intercollegiate athletic injuries, and a maximum benefit of $25,000 for club sport injuries. The plans cover all our varsity and club sport athletes regardless of whether they accept or waive the Denison Student Health Insurance Plan.
For questions or concerns, please contact: