Scholarships Outside Denison
Outside Funding Must Be Reported to the Office of Financial Aid
Many enterprising students seek funding from scholarships that are based outside Denison. We strongly encourage all students to pursue privately funded scholarships. The time frame to apply is normally from October to April of the previous year to be considered for the current year scholarships. Each year Denison students add hundreds of thousands of dollars in outside scholarships to their funding, and in doing so, reduce their out-of-pocket costs and potential debt.
Local businesses, civic organizations, libraries, banks, and other groups are excellent resources to investigate for scholarship opportunities. Students also should speak with their high school guidance counselors for opportunities.
Denison does not post individual external scholarship opportunities but suggests these free scholarship search engines. The inclusion or exclusion of a particular website should not be interpreted as an endorsement or lack thereof by Denison. You are responsible for doing you own research and making your own evaluations of any available scholarship opportunities.
- Sallie Mae Scholarship Search
The following points are offered to assist in the accurate delivery of outside scholarship funds:
- Students must report to the Office of Financial Aid all outside scholarships and other resources they have been awarded or know they will be awarded, regardless of whether the funds have been received. Notification should be emailed with attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Checks should be mailed to:
Office of Financial Aid
100 West College Street
Granville, OH 43023
- Federal and state regulations state that a student cannot receive scholarships and other need-based financial aid in excess of their financial need.
- Regulations also state that the combined amount of a student’s aid cannot exceed their cost of attendance if the student also receives any institutional, federal, or state aid.
- Denison University will recalculate a student’s eligibility for need based aid upon receipt of the scholarship notification. Once a payment from an external scholarship is applied, your financial aid package may be revised to include the amount of the scholarship and you will be notified via email.