Arrival information for students coming from abroad
Denison offers a wide variety of pre-orientation programs, prior to August Orientation, which are designed to help you to expand your horizons, deepen your understanding of yourself, and connect with other first-year students who share your interests and passions. Pre-orientations provide students with a unique, challenging, and enjoyable transition to life at Denison by forming bonds and friendships with other entering first-years in small group settings. Our past experience suggests that our pre-orientation program provides a valuable support network for you throughout your first year.
Students should select one of these three options:
- English for Academic Purposes (EAP) Program from August 16 - 19, 2023. Arrival for this program is August 14th and 15th.
- Denison Pre-Orientation Programming from August 20 - 23, 2023. Arrival for the Pre-Orientation programs is August 16th and 17th.
- Students not participating in the EAP Program or a Denison Pre-Orientation program should plan to arrive on campus on August 21st and August 22nd.
Denisonians coming from abroad will be able to arrive on campus a few days before Pre-Orientation programming begins. If you choose not to participate in a Pre-O program, you will arrive a few days prior to the start of August Orientation. This allows Center for Global Programs staff to help you settle into life on The Hill. Our Global Ambassadors (student leaders) will meet you at the John Glenn International Airport (CMH) Welcome Center and assist you with making your way to campus.
We will help you…
- With shuttle transportation from the airport to campus
- Open a local bank account
- Get mobile phone service
- Explore Denison’s campus
- Learn about the Granville and Columbus communities