Arrival information for students coming from abroad
Denison offers a wide variety of pre-orientation programs, prior to August Orientation, which are designed to help you to expand your horizons, deepen your understanding of yourself, and connect with other first-year students who share your interests and passions. Pre-orientations provide students a unique, challenging, and enjoyable transition to life at Denison by forming bonds and friendships with other entering first-years in small group settings. Our past experience suggests that our pre-orientation program provides a valuable support network for the students throughout their first year.
Students should select one of these three options:
- English for Academic Purposes (EAP) Program from August 17 - August 20, 2022. Arrival for this program is August 15 and August 16, 2022.
- Denison Pre-Orientation Programming from August 21 - August 24, 2022. Arrival for the pre-orientation programs is August 17 and 18, 2022.
- Students not participating in the EAP program or a Denison Pre-Orientation Program, should plan to arrive on campus on August 22 and August 23, 2022.
Denisonians coming from abroad will be able to arrive on campus a number of days before the off-campus pre-orientation programming begins. The Center for Global Programs staff will create an arrival program to help students settle into their residence halls, open bank accounts, apply for mobile phone services, explore campus, and learn about the Granville and Columbus communities. Our Global Ambassadors (student leaders) will meet you at the John Glenn International Airport (CMH) Welcome Center and assist you with making your way to campus.
We will help you…
- With shuttle transportation from the airport to campus
- Open a local bank account
- Get mobile phone service
- Explore Denison’s campus
- Learn about the Granville and Columbus communities