A race to win
The Knowlton Center collaborated with Penske Corporation to host the inaugural Business Development Competition. Here’s how it worked:
- Penske provided a case scenario
- Students competed in teams of 3-4 to develop a presentation and sales pitch
- Students only had 2.5 hours to develop their proposal, and 10 minutes to pitch it.
- Three representatives from Penske attended to judge the proposals.
Penske awarded $2,750 in cash prizes to the top three teams.
The goal? For students to engage their leadership, problem solving, critical thinking, and team development skills — and gain awareness of sales representative opportunities with Penske.
- 1st Place: Stephanie Liu, Arth Patel, Max Schauer
- 2nd Place: Sarah Moon, Suveer Singh, Peter Stabler, Anish Gurjar
- 3rd Place: Claire Vap, Sarah Lim, Nhi Le
Jodi Pavol, senior associate director for employer & alumni relations, said, “It was a very fun and exciting event and a great collaboration between the Knowlton Center Employer and Alumni Relations Team, the Sales, Marketing and Communications Career Community, and Global Commerce. The Edge was also involved in promoting the event to students working on the sales credential.”