More about Doane Cinema
The Doane Cinema building is Jeffersonian Federal Revival style built in 1905 and designed by Richards, McCarty & Bulford of Columbus. The firm designed four other structures on campus in the same style. Originally a gymnasium, the building was also home to art studios before being renovated to house the dance department starting in 1975. In 2023, the building became home to the cinema department.