Davis South Plaza

Established
1904
Overview
The Davis South Plaza is a gathering place on the southern side of the Academic quad with views of the Fine Arts Quad and Sugarloaf Hill.
History & Architecture

The plaza was part of a campus beautification program under Mrs. Eugene J. Barney. It was rededicated in 1988 as the Samuel S. and Jeanette Albiez Davis South Plaza after Mr. and Mrs. Davis who established a $1 million work-scholarship program for students. Samuel S. Davis, class of 1926, was a trustee from 1954 until his death in 1984.

 
Building Style
Built in Jeffersonian Federal Revival style as an outdoor theatre