Staff Mentorship Program
Denison is a close-knit community that values our employees and invests in their success. Our staff mentorship program has been designed to help new employees make a smooth transition to the University.
Peer mentors are provided to new employees to help them understand the Denison culture and acquaint them with the campus as they build a relationship with a colleague who is committed to helping them succeed by guiding them through aspects of professional life at Denison. Some details of the program:
- Assigned mentors are drawn from staff who are outside the mentee’s immediate department.
- Mentors provide an additional resource for questions as new employees navigate all aspects of starting a new job/new professional culture, or perhaps living in a new area.
- Conversations are planned around Denison’s community values.
- Hour-long meetings will take place twice a month over a four-month period (eight-meetings total).
- Meetings can continue after that timeframe if desired.
- Denison provides two free lunch sessions (in the dining halls) and one free coffee/hot beverage session per mentor/mentee pair.
Denison staff who are interested in becoming a mentor to a new employee should contact Human Resources.