Discover the Capital City
Within a 25-minute drive of campus, Columbus provides an exciting array of things to do, including: concerts, performing arts, museums, professional sports, parks, golf, movies, and dining. In addition, Columbus offers many professional opportunities, and is ranked among the Best Places for Business and Careers in metropolitan regions by Forbes (June 2012).
- Short North Arts District - Columbus’ premier arts, dining, and shopping district
- Easton Town Center - stores, restaurants, and entertainment
- Columbus Blue Jackets - Columbus’ professional hockey team
- Columbus Clippers - AAA baseball affiliate for the Cleveland Indians
- Express Live Pavilion - music venue with all the latest & greatest bands
- German Village - historic community with antique shops and dining
- Magic Mountain - entertainment center
- Book Loft - one of the largest independent bookstores in the country
- Franklin Park Conservatory & Botanical Gardens - massive 90-acre park and conservatory
- Whetstone Park of Roses - one of the largest municipal rose gardens in the U.S.
- COSI Columbus - hands-on science center with extreme screens
- The King Arts Complex - hotspot for cultural and performing arts
- Columbus Zoo & Aquarium - more than 700 species call the Columbus Zoo home
- Metro Parks - year-round fun with a variety of recreational activities
- Jack Nicklaus Museum - the story of golf is told here
- Studios on High - creative gallery featuring the work of local artists
For a more complete guide to everything Columbus has to offer, visit: Experience Columbus.