To report incidents or alleged violations of sexual assault, sexual harassment, domestic/dating violence, stalking, sex and gender-based discrimination, or discrimination due to pregnancy:

To make a Report:

If making a report to the Title IX Director, complete this Title IX Report Form or contact the Title IX Director or a Deputy Title IX Coordinator with all known details about the incident, including name, date, location, and description.

If an employee with a duty to report under the Policy prohibiting sex discrimination, including sexual harassment, sexual misconduct, stalking and retaliation is using this form to fulfill a duty to report, please include all known details about the incident, including (1) name of the Reporting Party, accused, and witnesses; (2) date, time and location of the alleged incident; and (3) description.

Anonymous Report:

To report a concern for yourself or another student, complete the Advocate CareNetwork Report Form under the MyDenison, Blue Whistle page. Or, contact Denison Campus Safety by completing their Anonymous Tips Form. Please note: without names and/or contact information, the University may be unable to contact you for follow up and the University’s options for response to the report will be limited.

Criminal Report:

To make a criminal report through Denison Campus Safety or to law enforcement, please call the Denison Campus Safety by dialing 740-587-6482, or Granville Police Department 740-587-1234 (non-emergency) or 911 (emergency). To report to law enforcement with the aid of Denison Campus Safety, please contact Denison Campus Safety at 740-587-6482.

If there is immediate risk of health or safety, please dial 911.

If you are in need of medical attention, please visit or call Whisler Medical Staff – 740-587-6200.


For more information about Confidential Resources, please see the Who Can I Talk To? page.

What to Expect when Filing a Report

What to expect when: Reporting to the University

  • Denison has designated the Title IX Director to oversee complaints of sexual misconduct at the University. An individual who has experienced sexual misconduct has the right to choose whether to report the incident to Denison’s Title IX Director. The Title IX Director and Deputy Title IX Coordinators are specially trained to work with individuals who report sexual misconduct and have knowledge about on- and off-campus resources, services, and options — including the availability of interim protective measures and accommodations. View more information on University support resources.
  • You have the right to receive written information on all of your rights and options, including your rights to receive support resources, proceed with a University investigation, or to file a report with police. The University respects the needs and choices of the Reporting Party. For general information about the University’s response to a report, refer to the full Policy Prohibiting Sex Discrimination, including Sexual Harassment, Sexual Misconduct, Stalking and Retaliation.

What to expect when: Reporting to Police

  • The criminal process is separate and distinct from the University process. Denison encourages individuals to report incidents of sexual misconduct to the appropriate law enforcement agency. Timely reporting to the police is an important factor in successful investigation and prosecution of crimes, including sexual violence crimes, and may lead to the arrest of an offender or aid in the investigation of other incidents. If a Reporting Party initially wants to file an anonymous police report and obtain a police report number for future consideration, the Title IX office can assist in having a report filed on the Reporting Party’s behalf.
  • Reporting the incident to the police does not mean an individual is obligated to participate in an investigation.

For more information about the University’s process to investigate and adjudicate cases, refer to the full Policy Prohibiting Sex Discrimination, including Sexual Harassment, Sexual Misconduct, Stalking and Retaliation.

Frequently Asked Questions

Have questions about the reporting process? Contact: