Sexual violence can be a traumatic experience for anyone. We encourage you to speak with someone. Below are some resources

Confidential Resources

Offices, people, and organizations available on and off campus who are trained to support, but are not required to report to the university or law enforcement (unless the person reporting is in danger of harming self or others)


The Wellness Center

  • Counseling Staff – (740) 587-6200
    • Counseling Center services are available free of charge to all students. The Center reserves appointments for emergency situations
  • Medical Staff – (740) 587-6200

Non-Confidential resources

A trusted university faculty member, staff member, and coach, as well as a Community Coordinator (CC) or a student Community Advisor (CA) can be a good resource to speak with. However, per Title IX regulations and Denison policy, these employees are required to report all instances of sexual assault and other sexual misconduct, intimate partner violence or stalking. However, in most cases, it is up to the reporting person if the university will pursue the report. For more information about the University’s process to investigate and adjudicate cases, please see the “Denison’s Response and Process for Reports

University provided support and protections: The university can provide protections, like no contact orders, and accommodations in academics, housing, dining, etc. For more information, visit the “How do I get through this?” section of the website.

Community Resources

There are several organizations in the surrounding communities that can help