Welcome Class of 2024!
Class of 2024, congratulations on your admission to Denison and welcome to our community! Move-In Day is Sunday, August 23, starting at 8:30 a.m.
August Orientation is required for all new First-Year and transfer students and concentrates primarily on issues of adjustment and the development of skills, both of which are critical to success in college. August Orientation for the incoming class of 2024 will be held Sunday - Wednesday, August 23 - 26, 2020.
Forms for the Class of 2024 will be available on January 1, 2020. When possible, please complete and submit forms electronically. If a form cannot be submitted electronically, please download the PDF document, print, and mail it to the address listed on the form. Note: Some forms are required, others are optional. If you have any questions, please contact the First-Year Office at 740-587-6224.
YOUR HEALTH FORMS ARE NOW NOT DUE UNTIL JUNE 1. If you are healthy, please refrain from going to your doctor’s office for your Denison physical at this time.
Your MyDenison login credentials will be printed on a letter inside the front pocket of your First-Year Guide
- Health and Wellness forms (note: The physical needs to take place between August 1, 2019 and August 23, 2020.)
- Copy of Health Insurance Card (both front & back side of the card).
- Special Requests
Please enter the Denison My Wellness Portal and complete the first-year health forms listed there. Failure to complete the required information could affect your ability to move into your residence hall, participate in on-campus activities, or attend class. If there is a conflict with this date, due to insurance coverage, please send a notification email, with an anticipated completion date, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* All completed forms MUST be submitted by uploading them to the My Wellness portal.
In order to gain access to the portal, you must meet the following criteria:
- You have paid the enrollment deposit.
- You have received your MyDenison username and login information.
Accessing the portal:
May 15 Deadline
- Personal Data/Advising Form — (required)
- June Orientation Application — (June-O is optional, but highly encouraged. We will continue to accept registrations until all sessions are filled.)
This program focuses on academic preparation and course registration. (Five sessions between June 2 and June 14 - sessions become full and may be closed near the deadline). If you are a Pell grant recipient, a Posse member, or a Denison Columbus Alliance Scholar, you are eligible to have the registration fee and lodging for parents fee waived for the June Orientation program.
- June Orientation - Travel Information — (required if attending June Orientation and in need of an airport shuttle)
If you plan to use Denison’s airport shuttle service, we ask that you provide your travel information to us once it is known, including arrival and departure dates, times, and flight numbers.
June 15 Deadline
- Housing Preference Form — (required. This form is located on MyDenison, under MyApps, then MyHousing.)
- Denison Outdoor Orientation (DOO) Application — (optional)
Backpack in the National Forest in Kentucky. Program runs August 17-21.
- Denison Service Orientation (DSO) Application — (optional)
DSO provides students a rewarding transition to college through a service experience in Washington DC. Program runs August 16-21.
- Denison Art Orientation (DAO) Application — (optional)
Designed for students interested in urban arts and culture, this hands-on experience takes students to Columbus. Program runs August 17-21.
- Denison Canoeing Orientation Application (DCO) — (optional)
Take a four-day excursion on the beautiful Mohican River and camp along the way. Program runs August 17-21.
- Denison Mindfullness Orientation (DMO) Application — (optional)
Remain on campus and explore options for the college experience, including finding good friends, “right-fitting” clubs and activities, probing off-campus experiences, and cultivating service-mindedness. Program runs August 17-21.
July 16 Deadline
- Paving the Way Pre-Orientation (PTW) Registration — (optional)
Open to all entering students, this program focuses primarily on assisting traditionally under-represented student populations in transitioning to the academic, cultural, and social climate at Denison University. Program runs August 19-22.