Welcome Class of 2022!
Class of 2022, congratulations on your admission to Denison and welcome to our community! Move In Day is Sunday, August 26, starting at 8:30 a.m.
See some highlights of what move-in day will include.
August Orientation is required for all new First-Year and transfer students and concentrates primarily on issues of adjustment and the development of skills, both of which are critical to success in college. August Orientation for the incoming class of 2022 will be held Sunday - Wednesday, August 26 - 29, 2018.
Forms for the Class of 2022 will be available on January 2, 2018. When possible, please complete and submit forms electronically. If a form cannot be submitted electronically, please download the PDF document, print, and mail it to the address listed on the form. Note: Some forms are required, others are optional. If you have any questions, please contact the Office of First-Year Programs at 740-587-6224.
May 14 Deadline
- Personal Data/Advising Form – (required)
- June Orientation Registration – (June-O is optional, but highly encouraged. We will continue to accept registrations until all sessions are filled.)
This program focuses on academic preparation and course registration. (Five sessions between June 4 and June 16 - sessions become full and may be closed near the deadline). If you are a Pell Grant recipient, you may be eligible to have the registration fee and lodging for parents fee waived for the June Orientation program.
- June Orientation - Travel Information – (required if attending June Orientation and in need of a shuttle)
If you plan to use Denison's shuttle service, we ask that you provide your travel information to us once it is known, including arrival and departure dates, times, and flight numbers.
- Fall Semester Telephone Registration Form – (required if not attending June Orientation)
- Denison Outdoor Orientation (DOO) Application – (optional)
Backpack in the National Forest in Kentucky. Program runs August 20-24.
- Denison Service Orientation (DSO) Application – (optional)
DSO provides students a rewarding transition to college through a service experience in Washington DC. Program runs August 19-24.
- Denison Art Orientation (DAO) Application – (optional)
Designed for students interested in urban arts and culture, this hands-on experience takes students to Columbus. Program runs August 20-24.
- Denison Canoeing Orientation Application (DCO) – (optional)
Take a four-day excursion on the beautiful Mohican River and camp along the way. Program runs August 20-24.
- Denison Mindfullness Orientation (DMO) Application – (optional)
Travel to a nearby retreat center and explore options for the college experience, including finding good friends, “right-fitting” clubs and activities, probing off-campus experiences, and cultivating service-mindedness. Program runs August 20-24.
June 1 Deadline
- Housing Preference Form – (required. This form is located on MyDenison, under MyApps, then MyHousing.)
June 15 Deadline
Please enter the Denison wellness portal and complete the first-year health forms listed there. The required items must be returned by June 15, 2018. Failure to complete the required information could affect your ability to move into your residence hall, participate in on-campus activities or attend class. If there is a conflict with this date, due to insurance coverage, please send a notification email, with an anticipated completion date, to email@example.com.
- Copy of Health Insurance Card (both front & back side of the card).
- Special Requests
* Please be certain all required items have been completed and signed, once complete email all forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.
July 9 Deadline
- Paving the Way Pre-Orientation (PTW) Registration – (optional)
Open to all entering students, this program focuses primarily on assisting traditionally under-represented student populations in transitioning to the academic, cultural, and social climate at Denison University. Program runs August 23-26.
August 1 Deadline
- Pre-Orientation for Students Coming from Abroad
The Pre-Orientation for Students Coming from Abroad is required for individuals who hold student visas, and is strongly recommended for U.S. students who have been educated abroad. The program focuses on the academic and cultural environment, faculty and staff interactions and expectations, and is designed to ease the transition to living and studying in the U.S. Program runs August 22-25.
- Public Information Form – (required)
- Religious and Spiritual Life Information Form – (optional)
- Music Lessons & Ensembles – (optional)
Due on a Rolling Basis
- Health Record and Healthcare Provider Examination Form – (required; will be electronically available after Feb. 1)