Welcome Class of 2025!
Denison offers several orientation programs, which provide incoming first-year and transfer students a unique, challenging, and enjoyable transition to life at Denison.
Class of 2025, congratulations on your admission to Denison and welcome to our community! Move-In Day is Thursday, August 26, 2021. Move-in times will be by appointment between 8 a.m. and 1 p.m. The Residential Communities and Housing office will contact you in early August to sign up.
August Orientation (Aug-O)
August Orientation is required for all new First-Year and transfer students and concentrates primarily on issues of adjustment and the development of skills, both of which are critical to success in college. August Orientation for the incoming class of 2025 will be held Thursday - Sunday, August 26 - 29, 2021.
Forms & Deadlines
May 15 Deadline
- Personal Data & Advising Form — (required)
- June Orientation Registration
June Orientation 2021 will be online. All enrolled domestic students must register for one of our 6 sessions of June-O by May 15. International students still residing in their native countries do not need to register. They will be contacted in late May to complete remote course advising and registration.
- Denison Art Orientation (DAO) Application — (optional)
Designed for students interested in urban arts and culture, this hands-on experience takes students to Columbus. Program runs August 21-24.
- Denison Canoeing Orientation Application (DCO) — (optional)
Take a four-day excursion on the beautiful Mohican River and camp along the way. Program runs August 21-24.
- Denison Mindfulness Orientation (DMO) Application — (optional)
This on-campus introduction to mindfulness teaches students the value of meditation, mindful movement, breathing, and self-awareness to help them sustain their well-being throughout their time at Denison. Program runs August 21-24.
- Denison Outdoor Orientation (DOO) Application — (optional)
Backpack in the Red River Gorge Geological area in Kentucky. Program runs August 21-24.
- Denison Service Orientation (DSO) Application — (optional)
Remain on campus and experience a rewarding transition to college through service to the Licking County community. Program runs August 21-24.
June 15 Deadline
- Housing Preference Form — (required. This form is located on MyDenison, under MyApps, then MyHousing.)
- Wellness Examination Form (download from portal, completed by a physician, upload to portal)
- Health Questionnaire (online form in portal)
- Immunizations (online form in portal, dates will be from the physician on the WEF)
- Tuberculosis Screening (online form in portal)
- Authorization (for students over 18, online in portal. Students under 18, print Minor form and parents sign and upload to portal)
- Insurance card (scan and upload to portal, or write firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan to use Denison insurance)
- Special Requests
Your MyDenison login credentials will appear on your admission portal 1-2 weeks after you pay your enrollment deposit. The Wellness Examination Form must be uploaded into your MyWellness portal on MyDenison. Other forms are completed via online form through the portal.
Please enter the Denison My Wellness Portal and complete the first-year health forms listed under the Medical Clearance tab on the left. Failure to complete the required information could affect your ability to move into your residence hall, participate in on-campus activities, or attend class. If there is a conflict with this date, due to insurance coverage, please send a notification email, with an anticipated completion date, to email@example.com.
* All completed forms MUST be submitted by uploading them to the My Wellness portal.
In order to gain access to the portal, you must meet the following criteria:
- You have paid the enrollment deposit.
- You have received your MyDenison username and login information.
Accessing the portal:
July 16 Deadline
- Paving the Way Pre-Orientation (PTW) Registration — (optional)
Open to all entering students, this program focuses primarily on assisting traditionally under-represented student populations in transitioning to the academic, cultural, and social climate at Denison University. Program runs August 23-25.