Welcome Class of 2023!
Class of 2023, congratulations on your admission to Denison and welcome to our community! Move-In Day is Sunday, August 25, starting at 8:30 a.m.
August Orientation is required for all new First-Year and transfer students and concentrates primarily on issues of adjustment and the development of skills, both of which are critical to success in college. August Orientation for the incoming class of 2023 will be held Sunday - Wednesday, August 25 - 28, 2019.
Forms for the Class of 2023 will be available on January 1, 2019. When possible, please complete and submit forms electronically. If a form cannot be submitted electronically, please download the PDF document, print, and mail it to the address listed on the form. Note: Some forms are required, others are optional. If you have any questions, please contact the Office of First-Year Programs at 740-587-6224.
Prior to May 15
ALL HEALTH FORMS DUE WITHIN 30 DAYS FROM THE DATE YOU RECEIVE YOUR MYDENISON USERNAME AND PASSWORD
Your MyDenison login credentials will be located inside the front pocket of your first-year guide
- Health and Wellness forms (note: The physical needs to take place between August 1, 2018 and August 25, 2019.)
- Copy of Health Insurance Card (both front & back side of the card).
- Special Requests
Please enter the Denison My Wellness Portal and complete the first-year health forms listed there. Failure to complete the required information could affect your ability to move into your residence hall, participate in on-campus activities or attend class. If there is a conflict with this date, due to insurance coverage, please send a notification email, with an anticipated completion date, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* All completed forms MUST be submitted by uploading them to the MyWellness portal.
In order to gain access to the portal, you must meet the following criteria:
- You have paid the enrollment deposit.
- You have received your MyDenison username and login information.
Accessing the portal:
May 15 Deadline
- Personal Data/Advising Form — (required)
- June Orientation Registration — (June-O is optional, but highly encouraged. We will continue to accept registrations until all sessions are filled.)
This program focuses on academic preparation and course registration. (Five sessions between June 4 and June 16 - sessions become full and may be closed near the deadline). If you are a Pell Grant recipient, you may be eligible to have the registration fee and lodging for parents fee waived for the June Orientation program.
- June Orientation - Travel Information — (required if attending June Orientation and in need of a shuttle)
If you plan to use Denison’s shuttle service, we ask that you provide your travel information to us once it is known, including arrival and departure dates, times, and flight numbers.
- Fall Semester Telephone Registration Form — (required if not attending June Orientation)
- Denison Outdoor Orientation (DOO) Application — (optional)
Backpack in the National Forest in Kentucky. Program runs August 19-23.
- Denison Service Orientation (DSO) Application — (optional)
DSO provides students a rewarding transition to college through a service experience in Washington DC. Program runs August 18-23.
- Denison Art Orientation (DAO) Application — (optional)
Designed for students interested in urban arts and culture, this hands-on experience takes students to Columbus. Program runs August 19-23.
- Denison Canoeing Orientation Application (DCO) — (optional)
Take a four-day excursion on the beautiful Mohican River and camp along the way. Program runs August 19-23.
- Denison Mindfullness Orientation (DMO) Application — (optional)
Travel to a nearby retreat center and explore options for the college experience, including finding good friends, “right-fitting” clubs and activities, probing off-campus experiences, and cultivating service-mindedness. Program runs August 19-23.
June 1 Deadline
- Housing Preference Form — (required. This form is located on MyDenison, under MyApps, then MyHousing.)
July 8 Deadline
- Paving the Way Pre-Orientation (PTW) Registration — (optional)
Open to all entering students, this program focuses primarily on assisting traditionally under-represented student populations in transitioning to the academic, cultural, and social climate at Denison University. Program runs August 22-25.
August 1 Deadline
- Pre-Orientation for Students Coming from Abroad
The Pre-Orientation for Students Coming from Abroad is required for individuals who hold student visas, and is strongly recommended for U.S. students who have been educated abroad. The program focuses on the academic and cultural environment, faculty and staff interactions and expectations, and is designed to ease the transition to living and studying in the U.S. Program runs August 21-24.
- Public Information Form — (required)
- Religious and Spiritual Life Information Form — (optional)
- Music Lessons & Ensembles — (optional)