Visit & Contacts
Hours & Admission
The MIX Gallery is open during Denison’s academic year. Hours are dependent upon the show at the time. Admission into the gallery is free to all guests. Please contact the Gallery Coordinator if you wish to access the space.
Parking & Directions
The MIX Gallery is located at 202 North Mulberry Street, Granville, Ohio 43023. Street parking for the gallery is available on West College Street and wheel chair access is available.
The position of “Director of Collaborative Technologies” was established to provide dedicated support to the fine arts academic disciplines, with a focus of assisting in the development of the curriculum that is centered around technology. The Director is also responsible for the day-to-day support for the technology-enhanced spaces used by the Fine Arts disciplines such as the MIX Gallery, the Knapp Performance Space, the Mulberry MIX Lab (a state-of-the-art computer laboratory equipped with media software and computer peripherals designed for the arts), and its five departmental satellite labs.
In addition, the Director teaches one course per semester in collaborative arts technology as well as technical and collaborative workshops for both faculty and students.
Sandra Spurlock ’21 - Gallery Coordinator
Sandra has worked as the Gallery Coordinator since January 2019. She is currently a junior at Denison University and is majoring in the Studio Art BFA program with a minor in Communication. Sandra is responsible for coordinating exhibits, directing events, and collaborating with artists in the MIX Gallery. She is the go-to person for anyone wishing to show work in the gallery, and her familiarity with the space enables her to be very helpful in fulfilling the artistic vision of that work.
The MIX Gallery Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the management of a majority of the events in the Mulberry MIX Gallery located in 202 Mulberry House. The MIX Gallery is focused on presenting contemporary art at Denison that explores areas of new media, installation and experimental art created by professional and student artists.
List of responsibilities:
- Coordinate student art exhibits (see below).
- Assist MIX director with professional art exhibits and events.
- Assist with installation and de-installations of exhibits.
- Assist with the gallery hours.
- Paint, patch, and clean the gallery space as needed between exhibits.
- Assist with gallery “openings” and “events” as needed (catering during openings and documenting events for website)
- Maintain google calendar of scheduled events, MIX Gallery Facebook page and MIX gallery website.
- Use programs such as Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop for label printing and vinyl cutting.
- Organize gallery equipment and supplies.
- Writing reports to MIXadmin@denison.edu with any needs or concerns.
- Assist with the campus advertisement (posters, cards in mail boxes, etc.) as directed.
- Assist with the lighting for shows.
Student Art Exhibits:
- Work with students to get show info:
- Post Dates of shows (opening and closing hours)
- Post Date of install
- Assist with opening event as needed by student.
- Document Opening and exhibit for website.
- Technology needed for show (computers or projectors)
- Organize any special hardware or needs (podiums, walls, special lighting, sound)
- Document any damage to space/equipment before and after show.
- Update Mulberry facebook page and WordPress Web pages with all information.
- Student should be proficient with Adobe Photoshop and familiar with Illustrator.
- Student should also be technologically competent with regard to picking up and understanding new programs quickly (WordPress, Vinyl cutting software, etc.)
- Student should feel comfortable using shop tools.
- Students must have a high level of attention to detail
- Student should have good organizational and communication skills.
- Student must work well without direct supervision.