History & Architecture
The interior of the lodge was gutted by fire in 1941 the night after its dedication and later rebuilt by college workmen. Originally used by the campus as home to the Women's Athletic Association, Lamson also served as the campus pub from 1983 until the Roost, which was renovated into the Nest in 2014, was opened on the third floor of Slayter in 1993.
Lamson Lodge was once the bull-pen and chicken coop of Professor Gilpatrick, whom the Gilpatrick house was first built by.
Academic Georgian style.