The Division of Student Life at Denison University is composed of various departments that work collaboratively with students, faculty, staff, and families to build a vibrant and inclusive community where everyone feels welcomed and fully incorporated into life on The Hill.
Student Life is an integral part of Denison’s “whole-person” education, providing opportunities for growth and self-awareness. From your first moments on campus to Commencement Day, we aim to foster a sense of belonging and connection among all members of our community.
As a part of our community on The Hill, students have the chance to:
- Live with peers from diverse backgrounds and cultures on our fully residential campus, promoting intercultural understanding and appreciation.
- Discover new passions and build leadership skills through participation in more than 170 student clubs and organizations, which offer a wide range of interests and activities.
- Develop lifelong skills and habits to manage your health and well-being, prioritizing self-care and self-advocacy.
- Build the capacity and persistence to advocate for yourself and others, empowering you to navigate challenges and promote positive change.
- Embrace a growth-oriented mindset that recognizes the opportunities for learning and growth while acknowledging that perfectionism can hinder progress.
The Division of Student Life is guided by a mission to promote our students’ growth and self-awareness as individuals and as co-creators of our living-learning environment. We challenge students to apply their education and talents for the good of local and global communities, and we continuously advance and apply knowledge of student development to improve learning, growth, and collegiate experiences. We cultivate collaboration and engagement on campus and beyond, in support of Denison’s mission of educating students to live, work, and lead in a complex world.
We invite you to learn more about our strategic plan for Student Life and how we contribute to the Denison experience!
Student Centered. Mission Focused. Outcomes Driven.