Some foreign countries may require documents to be certified in order to be accepted in the foreign jurisdiction. An “apostille” or “document authentication” certifies the signature and the position of the official who has executed, issued or certified a copy of a document.
The educational documents usually requested for certification are the diploma and/or official transcript.
Obtaining an Apostille or Authentication for Denison University Documents
Steps for obtaining an apostille or document authentication for Denison University documents:
- ) Send completed and signed Denison University apostille request form (available on the DU Registrar’s website at MyDenison and denison.edu) to the Denison University Registrar's Office for your Denison documents to be notarized.
- Provide the Registrar’s Office with a copy of Denison diploma. We will only print a duplicate diploma if needed (additional charges may apply).
- The Registrar's Office will certify the document as an official record or true copy of the original before a notary public.
- Once the documents have been notarized, the County Clerk will certify the signature of the notary public. The County Clerk's Office has a per document fee.
- The notarized document will be available for you to pick up within 5 business days or may be mailed at your request.
- The notarized document will be available for pick up or can be mailed if requested.
- If requested, Denison University will mail the documents to the Ohio Secretary of State and provide a postal tracking number. See instructions from the Ohio Secretary of State link listed below.
- There is a $20 processing fee which can be paid via credit card or check and needs to be received at the time of the request. Apostille/document authentication requests are processed once a month during the last week.
Contact Information and Links
Ohio Secretary of State
Registrar’s Office, 100 West College Street, Granville, Ohio 43023-0713.