Things To Know
General Safety Information
Campus safety requires the cooperation and support of the whole Denison community, including students, guests, staff, and faculty. Please actively participate by taking personal precautions and immediately reporting all incidents and accidents that may happen.
- Always lock your room door
- Always lock your vehicle
- Report all incidents and accidents immediately to Campus Safety
- Keep yourself informed. Check campus mail, bulletin boards and channel 20 for notices which pertain to specific safety conditions on campus.
Specific On-Campus Information
- Campus Comment Line - 8418 - Call to leave tips/information
- All the telephones have 911, or call 6777 for emergency.
- Residence halls are locked 24 hours/day.
- Call 6623 for a Safety Escort escort between 8pm - 2am
- Become familiar with emergency and exterior telephones and use whenever necessary. There is an operator/dispatcher on duty 24 hours/day.
- Report lost keys/ID cards immediately.
- Never allow strangers into the residence halls.
- Report immediately any maintenance problem which may impact building security.
Residence Hall Lock Outs
If you are locked out of your residence hall room and have lost or forgotten your key, you should contact the R.A. on duty. If you cannot locate the R.A., a Safety Officer will unlock your door. The college will charge you $15 for this service. This charge will be billed to your student account.
Important Phone Numbers:
- Emergency: 911
- Campus Emergency: 740-587-6777
- Campus Safety: 740-587-6482
- Campus Environmental Health and Safety: 740-587-5646
- Operator/Dispatch: 740-587-0810
- Administrative Office: 740-587-6298
Hours of Operation:
- Operator/Dispatch Center, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Administrative Offices, 8 am - 4:30 pm