Emergency Alert System
Denison has contracted with Rave Mobile Safety, an emergency alert provider that offers expanded services. With the system, faculty, staff and students will benefit from:
- Emergency Notification: Denison will continue to use texts, emails and voice calls to provide emergency information to students and employees of the college. Messages also will be sent to TTY/TDD devices for the hearing impaired. All students are automatically part of the emergency notification system and will receive email and text notifications. Employees are urged to enroll. See information below for how to confirm, change and add additional phone numbers and emails in the system.
- Mobile App: The Rave Guardian app is now available for your mobile device(s), with numerous features, including:
- Emergency dialing: Call 911 or Campus Safety at the push of a button
- Easy access to campus health and safety information and important phone numbers
- “Never walk alone” feature that helps ensure you make it to your destination safely. Simply set a timer for how long you expect your walk/ride to take and select Friends and & Family and/or Official Guardian (campus safety) to track your trip. Turn off the timer when you arrive at your destination. If the timer expires, signaling you haven’t made it to your destination as expected, Campus Safety and/or your friends and family will receive an alert and be made aware of your location. If you selected “Official Guardian,” Campus Safety will call you to ensure your safety. If they cannot confirm your safety, they will dispatch campus safety and local authorities to your location.
Actions to Take
- You do not need to take action in order to continue receiving emergency notifications. Your campus email address and a primary phone number have been loaded into the system from Banner. You will automatically receive emergency notifications via email and text (as long as you have a valid mobile number in Banner).
- Please log into RAVE to double check that your email and phone number are accurate and to add additional numbers and emails should you choose. You may add additional contact numbers and emails also opt into voice call alerts.
- If you typically use the “Do Not Disturb” feature on your mobile device and would like to receive emergency alerts while that feature is activated, contact the Denison Service Desk.
- We will be testing the emergency notification system on Friday, September 27. You will receive a test message via email and text (for those who have a valid phone number in the system). The message will be clearly marked as a test. Please log into the Rave system to check your contact information and ensure you have a valid phone number listed prior to the test.
Mobile App (Optional but recommended)
- Download the Rave Guardian application from the iOS App Store or the Google Play Store (search Rave Guardian).
- Use your Denison email address to register
- Follow the prompts in the app to register your profile with Denison.
- Once in the app, you may update contact information and change settings like opt-in to SMS, push notifications
⇒ Use your Big Red ID to access more information on instructions and FAQs. Visit: MyDenison » Campus Resources » Emergency Alert System