All across campus students create communities that celebrate and explore diversity, practice inclusivity, and create equity.
Multicultural Student Organizations
Denison students lead several organizations based on cultural identities. Learn more about them.
Paving The Way: First-year orientation for multicultural students
The Paving the Way orientation program is open to all entering students, although our primary focus is to assist traditionally underrepresented student populations in transitioning to the academic, cultural, and social climate at Denison University.
This program begins three days before August Orientation and extends throughout the academic year. Sessions address academic success, ethnic and cultural identities, personal development, and an exploration of resources.
Sexual Harassment & Assault Resources & Education (SHARE)
Sexual Harassment & Assault Resources & Education (SHARE) is a student organization that provides confidential support and guidance to survivors of sexual misconduct on Denison University’s campus. SHARE representatives provide information to those who seek help or knowledge. SHARE also seeks to encourage discussion and awareness of sexual issues on campus. For information about SHARE, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Denison Coalition for Sexual Respect
The Denison Coalition for Sexual Respect (DCSR) promotes sexual respect on campus through a community of students, faculty, and staff who represent various majors, offices, and organizations.
Our charge is to share, create, and promote opportunities to educate the community about sexual misconduct, sexual violence, and other forms of gender and relationship violence and to advocate for those affected for the purpose of preventing violence and promoting a culture of sexual respect within our community.
- Financial Aid: Denison provides 100% of demonstrated financial need for admitted students.
- Financial Wellness: Build your financial literacy and gain lifelong benefits.
- Red Thread Microgrants: Microgrants can help bridge financial gaps that are barriers to success. Contact the Financial Wellness Coordinator for more information about these grants and financial wellness programs.
Student Support Offices
Cross-Cultural Communities support specific student populations.
- African Student Association
- Agape Christian Fellowship
- Amnesty International
- Asian American Association
- Asian Culture Club
- Black Student Union
- BLASS (Black.Latin X. Asian. Science Society)
- Denison Asian Student Union
- Denison Feminists
- Denison International Students Association
- Denison K-Pop Dance Group (DKDG)
- Global China Connection
- La Fuerza Latina
- Lambda Theta Alpha Latin Sorority, Inc.
- Middle Eastern Culture Club
- Multicultural Greek Council
- Muslim Student Association
- National Pan-Hellenic Council (NPHC)
- Phi Iota Alpha Fraternity Inc
- Sustained Dialogue
Buildings & Spaces
- The Black Student Union
- Multicultural Student Lounge: Fourth floor of Slayter Union
The Wellness Center Diversity and Inclusion Strategies:
- Ongoing education opportunities and training related to multicultural competencies.
- Collaborations with campus offices such as the Center for Belonging & Inclusion, International Student Services, etc.
- Cultural Dialogues to help intentionally facilitate professional growth and self-reflection on serving students from various experiences and backgrounds.
These policies and more are found in the Student Handbook: