A Collaboration with Red Sky Performance
Denison University is pleased to announce a collaboration with Red Sky Performance, a leading company of contemporary Indigenous performance in Canada and worldwide.
Red Sky Performance will be in residence at Denison on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, March 26, 27, and 28, culminating in a performance in the Sharon Martin Hall of the Eisner Center at 7:30 p.m. on Saturday, March 28. The performance is free and open to the public. For more information, contact Beth White at 740-587-6712 or visit denison.edu.
Led by Artistic Director Sandra Laronde of the Teme-Augama Anishinaabe (People of the Deep Water), Red Sky Performance is in its 19th year of dance, theatre, music, and media. The company creates, produces, and tours original work to expand the ecology of contemporary Indigenous performance, fulfilling their mission to create inspiring experiences of contemporary Indigenous arts and culture that transform society.
Schedule of events:
Thursday, March 26th,
- Master classes with Denison students and faculty at 10:00 am, 1:30 pm, and 4:30 pm.
Friday, March 27th, 2020:
- Guest teaching in non-dance departments to amplify an understanding of the art form as an indigenous cultural form.
- Guest teaching a Workshop for interested faculty who have expressed a deep interest in indigenous cultural practices through various disciplinary lenses.
Saturday, March 28th, 2020:
- Guest teaching a workshop for community children and their caretakers/parents, allowing them to move and touch and hear the sounds of the evening performance.
- Formal Performance in the Martin/Eisner Center for the Performing Arts, at 7:30 pm.