Curtis West Hall

Curtis West Hall Image 1
Established 
1947

A residence hall with single, double, triple and quad rooms and a large gathering space located on West Quad.

History & Architecture

Originally Lanson Stage Curtis Memorial Hall, the building was a gift of Mrs. Annetta R. Jewell in memory of her son. Ready for occupancy in September, 1940 Curtis West provided rooms for 75 men and dining for 150.

 
In addition to housing, Curtis West contains a large lounge and recreation room for studying and informal gatherings.
Designer/Architect 
William Gehron
Building Style 
Georgian Revival style in brick and limestone.