As the Director of Orientation and First-Year Experience, Nathan Graves is excited to work with incoming students and families in making the transition to Denison University through June Orientation, Pre-Orientation experiences, and August Orientation.
Prior to this role, Nathan served as the Associate Director of New Student Programs at the University of West Georgia. Additionally, he worked in the Office of the Peabody Dean for Students and Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion at Vanderbilt University, and spent a summer working at Indiana University-Bloomington.
Nathan is originally from Rensselaer, Indiana. When he’s not in the office, Nathan enjoys spending time outdoors, whether it’s at the golf course, relaxing by the pool, or having dinner with friends.
- Graves, N. & Sauls, T. B. (2019). Revamping Orientation Sessions Using Program Evaluation. Presentation, Association for Orientation, Transition, and Retention in Higher Education – NODA Annual Conference, Houston, TX.
- Graves, N. & DeLucia A. (2019). Owning Your Imposter Syndrome Like A Srowtally Tacky Tourist. Presentation, Southern Regional Orientation Workshop, Myrtle Beach, SC.
- Graves, N. & DeLucia, A. (2018). Houston, we have a problem! How did I get this job?. Presentation, Southern Regional Orientation Workshop, Orlando, FL.
- Association for Orientation, Transition, and Retention in Higher Education (NODA)
- Phi Gamma Delta (FIJI)
- University of West Georgia Dr. Scot Lingrell Distinguished Mentor Award (2020)
- University of West Georgia Employee of the Year (2019)
- University of West Georgia Dr. Melanie McClellan Distinguished Service Award (2019)