Kim Coplin has done research in experimental condensed matter physics, especially concentrating on conducting polymers, and in the biophysics of human movement. She most recently taught Introductory Physics, Modern Physics, and ‘Physics and the Sound of Music’. Kim served as an Associate Provost from 2006 to 2013, and as Provost since 2013.
Learning & Teaching
- R”, S. Quillard, G. Louarn, K. Berrada, S. Lefrant, K.A. Coplin, S.W. Jessen, and A.J. Epstein. 1995. Resonance Raman Scattering and Photoinduced Infrared Absorption in Different Forms of Polyanilines and Substituted Polyanilines .Nonlinear Optics. v. 10 p. 253
- A.J. Epstein, J.W. Blatchford, K. Kim, L.-B. Lin, T.L. Gustafson, K.A.Coplin, and A.G. MacDiarmid. 1994. Long Lived Neutral Solitons in Pernigraniline Base. Molecular Crystals and Liquid Crystals. v. 256 p. 399
- K.A. Coplin, S. Jasty, S.M. Long, S.K. Manohar, Y. Sun, A.G. MacDiarmid, and A.J. Epstein. 1994. Neutral Soliton Formation and Disorder in Pernigraniline Base. Physical Review Letters. v. 72 p. 3206
- K.A. Coplin, J.M. Leng, R.P. McCall, A.J. Epstein, S.K. Manohar, Y. Sun, and A.G. MacDiarmid. 1993. Photoexcitation Spectroscopy: Solitons in Pernigraniline Base. Synthetic Metals. v. 55 p. 7
- R.P. McCall, J.M. Ginder, J.M. Leng, K.A. Coplin, H.J. Ye, A.J. Epstein, G.E. Asturias, S.K. Manohar, J.G. Masters, E.M. Scherr, and A.G. MacDiarmid. 1991. Photoinduced Absorption and Erasable Optical Information Storage in Polyanilines. Synthetic Metals. v. 41 p. 1329
- T.E. Skinner, M. T. DeLand, G.E. Ballester, K.A. Coplin, P.D. Feldman, and H.W. Moos, J. Geophys. 1988. Temporal Variation of the Jovian H I Lyman Alpha Emission. Res.. v. 93 p. 29