I am currently an assistant professor in Economics at Denison University. I joined Denison in 2017. I teach finance courses for the financial economics concentration within the department of economics.
Learning & Teaching
- Econ 101 Introductory Macroeconomics
- Econ 302 Intermediate Microeconomics
- Econ 429 Financial Economics I
- Econ 430 Financial Economics II
My research agenda has been developing in two areas. First is finance and banking theory with a focus on financial fragility and contemporary financial intermediation. The second is Marxian Economics, specific topics including labor theory of value, technical change & the rate of profit, and the circuit of capital model.
- A Division of the Capitalist Class and the Market for Money Capital, forthcoming in Metroeconomica. [WP]
- A Mathematical Formulation of the Dual Nature of Unproductive Labor, forthcoming in Review of Radical Political Economics (coauthored with Dong-Min Rieu)
- Unproductive Activities and the Rate of Surplus Value at the Industry Level in Korea, 1995-2015, Journal of Contemporary Asia, 50(2), 2020 (coauthored with Dong-Min Rieu) [WP]
- An Input-Output Reconstruction of the Macro-Monetary Interpretation of Marxian Theory, Marxism 21, 16(3), 2019. [WP]
- A Review of the Macro-Monetary Interpretation of Marxian Labor Theory of Value, Marxism 21, 16(1), 2019.
- Securitized Banking, Procyclical Bank Leverage, and Financial Instability, Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, 49, June, 2019.
- Some Notes on the Temporal Single-System Interpretation of Marxian Value Theory, The Review of Social and Economics Studies (사회경제평론), 56, 2018
- Liquidity, Bank Runs, and Fire Sales under Local Thinking, North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Vol.46, pp.89-102, 2018 (coauthored with Thomas Bernardin). [WP]
- The Monetary Expression of Labor Time in a Dynamic Leontief Model, Marxism 21, Vol.13, No.2, 2016
- Overdetermination: Althusser versus Resnick and Wolff, Rethinking Marxism, 25(3), 2013
- The Concept of Value in Cognitive Capitalism Theory: A Critical Review of Recent Developments, Marxism 21, 9(1), 2012 (in Korean)
- A Note on the Temporary Single System Interpretation, Yonsei Review, 2006 (in Korean)
- How Dark is the Dark Side of the Diversification, coauthored with Henryk Gzyl and Pedro Cadenas (submitted at Journal of Risk Finance)
- Market Discipline and Bank Diversification (under review at Journal of Financial Intermediation)
- A Marxian Model of Market for Money Capital: Profit Rate, Interest Rate, and Leverage Ratio
- A Puzzle about the MELT: An Equilibrating Mechanism or Just A Coincidence? University of Massachusetts Amherst Economics Working Papers. 2018-15, 2018. (coauthored with Dong-Min Rieu)
- Editorial Board, Korean Journal of Political Economy, 2015-present
- Board member, Korean Association For Political Economy, 2015-present