I am currently an assistant professor in Economics at Denison University. I joined Denison in 2017. I teach finance courses for the financial economics concentration within the department of economics.
Learning & Teaching
- Econ 101 Introductory Macroeconomics
- Econ 302 Intermediate Microeconomics
- Econ 405 Financial Markets
- Econ 430 Organizational Finance
My research agenda has been developing in two areas. First is finance and banking theory with a focus on financial fragility and contemporary financial intermediation. The second is Marxian Economics, specific topics including labor theory of value, technical change & the rate of profit, and the circuit of capital model.
- A Mathematical Formulation of the Dual Nature of Unproductive Labor, forthcoming at Review of Radical Political Economics (coauthored with Dong-Min Rieu)
- An Input-Output Reconstruction of the Macro-Monetary Interpretation of Marxian Theory, Marxism 21, 16(3), 2019.
- A Review of the Macro-Monetary Interpretation of Marxian Labor Theory of Value, Marxism 21, 16(1), 2019.
- Securitized Banking, Procyclical Bank Leverage, and Financial Instability, Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.strueco.2018.10.001, 2018
- Some Notes on the Temporal Single-System Interpretation of Marxian Value Theory, The Review of Social and Economics Studies (사회경제평론), 56, 2018
- Unproductive Activities and the Rate of Surplus Value at the Industry Level in Korea, 1995-2015, Journal of Contemporary Asia, forthcoming, 2018 (coauthored with Dong-Min Rieu)
- (WP version) Unproductive Activities and the Rate of Surplus Value at the Industry Level in Korea, 1995-2015 , University of Massachusetts Amherst Economics Working Papers. 2018-07, 2018. (coauthored with Dong-Min Rieu)
- Liquidity, Bank Runs, and Fire Sales under Local Thinking, North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Vol.46, pp.89-102, 2018 (coauthored with Thomas Bernardin).
- (WP version) Liquidity, Bank Runs, and Fire Sales under Local Thinking, PERI Working Paper Series No.461, University of Massachusetts Amerst, 2018. (coauthored with Thomas Bernardin)
- The Monetary Expression of Labor Time in a Dynamic Leontief Model, Marxism 21, Vol.13, No.2, 2016
- Overdetermination: Althusser versus Resnick and Wolff, Rethinking Marxism, 25(3), 2013
- The Concept of Value in Cognitive Capitalism Theory: A Critical Review of Recent Developments, Marxism 21, 9(1), 2012 (in Korean)
- A Note on the Temporary Single System Interpretation, Yonsei Review, 2006 (in Korean)
- A Marxian Model of Market for Money Capital: Profit Rate, Interest Rate, and Leverage Ratio (under review)
- A Puzzle about the MELT: An Equilibrating Mechanism or Just A Coincidence? University of Massachusetts Amherst Economics Working Papers. 2018-15, 2018. (coauthored with Dong-Min Rieu; under review)
- An Analysis of the Temporal Single-System Model of Value, Price, and the Rate of Profit
- Technical Change and the Rate of Profit When Output is Driven by Price-Value Deviation
- Leveraged-led Growth in the Circuit of Capital Model with a Banking Sector
- Growth and Profitability in the Circuit of Capital Model with a Financial Intermediary
- An Empirical Study of a Marxian Exchange Rate
- Turnover Time and its Relation to the Rate of Profit (with Zhun Xu)
- Endogeneity of Money and the State in Marx’s Theory of Non-commodity Money
- Editorial Board, Korean Journal of Political Economy, 2015-present
- Board member, Korean Association For Political Economy, 2015-present