Kappa Kappa Gamma
History & Architecture
The building was built for the sorority Kappa Kappa Gamma House. One of the woman's uncles donated the money so they could build their house, and in the Fall of 1906 the little house was completed. The Kappa Kappa Gamma house was just recently refurbished and redecorated and within the past year the kitchen has been completely renovated. The House is a home away from home for the ladies of Kappa Kappa Gamma. In addition to weekly chapter, house board and council meetings, and sisterhood events, the house is used by all sisters throughout the week.
Previously known as the local women’s sorority Kappa Phi and the college’s oldest sorority, they had first choice to pick a national affiliation. On Dec. 6, 1929, 222 Denison women were initiated into the Gamma Omega chapter of Kappa Kappa Gamma.