Gilpatrick House

Gilpatrick House Building Image
Established 
1958

Built in 1958, Gilpatrick House is home to the Lisska Center for Scholarly Engagement, a resource for fellowship and student research opportunities.

History & Architecture

The design is Victorian Italianate style. Once home of Professor of Mathematics, John L. Gilpatrick and his wife. The house was moved to its present site in 1958 from that of Huffman Hall in anticipation of the new dorm's construction.

Gilpatrick House was first built by Professor Gilpatrick as his residence, with the surrounding territory as his farm. The farm included a barn and dairy, where Shaw Hall now stands, as well as a bull-pen and chicken coop where Lamson Lodge is currently.
Building Style 
Victorian Italianate style