A.B., Vassar College; Ph.D., University of California, Los Angeles
Engaged in a research collaboration with Gary Nishioka, Ph.D. (President, H & N Instruments, Newark, OH). Together they have designed, built, and refined an electrostatic printing instrument that synthesizes small micro arrays of peptides or enzymes on silicon chips.
- Enzyme and peptide microarray synthesis using electrostatic printing, Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM) in combinatorial peptide array analysis, consultant and collaborator with Gary M. Nishioka, Ph.D., H & N Instruments Inc., Newark, Ohio
- Cloning, purification and characterization of Haloarcula marismortui methionine aminopeptidase
- Measurement of antibody/antigen binding strength using atomic force microscopy
- Nishioka, Gary M., Sokolik, Charles W., and Borikova, Asya. Electrospray Printing of Enzyme Microarrays. (in preparation).
- Sokolik, Charles W., Walker, Annie S., and Nishioka, Gary M. A Simple and Sensitive Assay for Microprinting Applications. (in preparation).
- Sokolik, Charles W. 1998. A Maple program that illustrates the affect of pH on peptide charge. J. Chem. Ed. v. 75 p. 1500-1502
- Sokolik, Charles W. 1995. Kinemages: make your own molecules for teaching. . Trends Biochem Sci. v. 20 p. 122-124
- Shao, Ming-Chuan, Sokolik, Charles W., and Wold, Finn. 1994. Noncovalent Neoglycoproteins,in Neoglycoconjugates: Preparation and Applications. (Lee, Y. C. and Lee, R. T., ed) Academic Press Inc .
- Sokolik, Charles W. 1994. Kinemage cookbook: a tutorial for kinemage authors. Protein Sci., 3, Number 2, Diskette Appendix.
- Sokolik, Charles W., Liang, Chyau, and Wold, Finn. 1994. Studies on the specificity of acetylaminoacyl-peptide hydrolase. Protein Sci. (supplementary material on diskette appendix). v. 3 p. 126-131
- Shao, Ming-Chuan, Sokolik, Charles W., and Wold, Finn. 1994. Specificity studies of the GDP-[L]-fucose: 2-acetamido-2-deoxy--[D]-glucoside (Fuc –> Asn-linked GlcNAc) 6--[L]-fucosyltransferase from rat-liver Golgi membranes . Carbohydr. Res. v. 251 p. 163-173
- Sokolik, Charles W., and Cohen, Robert E.. 1992. Ubiquitin conjugation to cytochromes c: structure of the yeast iso-1 conjugate and possible recognition determinants. Chem.. v. 267 p. 1067-1071.
- Norrod, E. Pinina, Mintz, Clifford S., and Sokolik, Charles W. 1985. Induction by growth medium of changes in gonococcal lipopolysaccharides. Pathogenic Neisseria, Proceedings of the Fourth International Symposium. p. 395-399
- Nishioka, Gary M., Borikova, Asya L., and Sokolik, Charles W. 2006. High Resolution Microprinting with an Electrospray Printer. National Meeting of Experimental Biology. San Francisco, CA
- Walters, Shelby L., Miller, Clinton J., and Sokolik, Charles W. 2004. Assessment of adhesion forces between an antibody and its peptide-antigens immobilized on a silica surface using atomic force microscopy. Presented at the 227th National Meeting of the American Chemical Society. Anaheim, CA
- McCoy, Meredith and Sokolik, Charles W. 2003. Cloning Methionine Aminopeptidase from the ExtremeHalophile Haloarcula marismortui. National Meeting of Experimental Biology. San Diego, CA
- Sokolik, Charles W, Eschelbach, John W., and Nishioka, Gary M. 2001. Determination of the binding force of an antibody with its cognate antigen by atomic force microscopy. PITTCON. New Orleans, LA