History & Architecture
Stone Hall was originally built as a women's dorm, but was later converted to apartments for faculty and staff. The design is Jefferson Federal Revival style in brick and stone. The hall was named for Dr. Marsena Stone, second principal of the Young Ladies' Institute (1861-1869) and professor.
Navy & Marine V-12 trainees first became a part of the Denison campus in July, 1943 and lived downhill.
Brick and stone in Jeffersonian Federal Revival style.
Richards, McCarty and Bulford of Columbus