Schaff House

Established
1965
Overview
A residential community with almost all single rooms located on North Quad.
History & Architecture
Built to house Alpha Tau Omega, the last of ten Denison fraternities to move uphill. The house was renovated and rededicated in the late 1990’s. The house was named after Sam and Ruth Schaff. Samuel D. Schaff, class of 1938, was an Emeritus Professor of Education and retired registrar. He served as the faculty and chapter advisor to Alpha Tau Omega for 18 years.
A loyal and devoted Denisonian, Sam Schaff is remembered for counseling thousands of students into graduate programs and successful professions throughout his service to the college from 1948 to 1982.
Designer/Architect
O'Donnell, Wicklund and Pigozzi of Evanston, IL