More about Doane Administration
Doane Administration was built in 1895 as the Doane Academy, a college preparatory school that closed in 1927. A gift of William Howard Doane, the building is French Romanesque Revival style in Oakland pressed brick and Amherst stone.
A composer of thousands of church hymns and editor of the Baptist Hymnal, Doane also invented more than 100 devices for woodworking machinery and was a trustee of Denison from 1874 until 1915. He also presented Denison with two additional buildings (the original library and a gymnasium) and his daughters with three more (the present library, Higley Hall and Central Heating Plant).
View the departments, offices, programs, services, and faculty with offices located in Doane Administration.See Denison A-to-Z »