Free and open to the public, but tickets are required.
Denison’s TUTTI Festival Concert VII features Miwa Matreyek, an animator, director, designer, and performer based in Los Angeles. Coming from a background in animation by way of collage, Matreyek creates live, staged performances where she interacts with her animations as a shadow silhouette, at the cross-section of cinematic and theatrical, fantastical and tangible, illusionistic and physical. Her work exists in a dreamlike visual space that makes invisible worlds visible, often weaving surreal and poetic narratives of conflict between man and nature. Her work exists both at the realm of the hand-made and tech.
Denison University’s Department of Music presents TUTTI 2020 A New Arts Festival - a celebration of original works by musicians, composers, fine artists, dance artists, theatre, and creative people across genres that come together for a days-long celebration of original works. “TUTTI” is a musical term, taken from the Italian for all together, an apt expression representative of the unusual depth and breadth of the artistic offerings of this event. The week will be filled with new works, concerts and performances that are free and open to the public (with the exception of the Vail Series SYBARITE5 performance which is $15 for general public, free for Denison Faculty/Staff and Students). Events with (*) require a ticket. TUTTI 2020 Denison’s New Arts Festival takes place from March 3 to 7. See more information at https://denison.edu/series/tutti.
Schedule of events:
Tuesday, March 3:
- Artistic Athletes/Athletic Artists at 6:30 p.m. in the Mitchell Center
Wednesday, March 4:
- Musical Portraits at 8 p.m. in the Denison Museum
Thursday, March 5:
- Concert featuring faculty and students at 3 p.m. in Burke Recital Hall in the Eisner Center
- Concert featuring Denison’s Orchestra, Wind Ensemble and Choir at 7:30 p.m. in Sharon Martin Hall in the Eisner Center*
Friday, March 6:
- Concert featuring guest artists, faculty artists and ETHEL at 9:30 a.m. in Burke Recital Hall in the Eisner Center
- Concert featuring percussionist Cameron Leach at 1 p.m. in Sharon Martin Hall in the Eisner Center*
- Concert featuring Denison’s Jazz Ensemble at 4 p.m. in Burke Recital Hall in the Eisner Center
- Concert featuring animator and performance artist Miwa Matreyek at 7 p.m. in Sharon Martin Hall in the Eisner Center*
- Concert featuring Electronic Music at 10 a.m. in Thorsen Dance Studio
- “Words and Music” featuring ETHEL and Jennifer Hambrick at 1 p.m. in Sharon Martin Hall in the Eisner Center*
- Concert featuring Columbus Symphony Wind Quintet at 3 p.m. in Burke Recital Hall in the Eisner Center
- SYBARITE5 presented in partnership with The Vail Series at 7 p.m. in Swasey Chapel