Lamson Lodge

Lamson Lodge

Established: 
1941
Current Use: 

It is currently used by women's athletics and as a student social space.

History & Architecture

The interior of the lodge was gutted by fire in 1941 the night after its dedication and later rebuilt by college workmen. Originally used by the campus as home to the Women's Athletic Association, Lamson also served as the campus pub from 1983 until the Roost was opened on the third floor of Slayter in 1993.

Athletics Quad
A popular site for departmental events and student gatherings, Lamson is also often rented for private picnics, family reunions, and graduation parties. It features a large fireplace for winter events and, for the warmer months, a porch and lush lawns.
Designer/Architect: 
William Gehron
Building Style: 
Academic Georgian style.