Social Media Community Guidelines
Social media presents a unique opportunity to engage Denison University’s alumni, as well as current and prospective students, their families, and friends around the world. It provides Denison an opportunity to share key information about the institution, while also fostering a conversation between the college and its various audiences.
Because Denison values free speech, the college encourages commentary on its social media posts. However, Denison does reserve the right to remove comments, messages, or user posts that violate its community guidelines, as outlined below.
Posts may be removed for the following reasons:
- Use of language that includes vulgarities or otherwise conveys hate speech, bullying, discrimination, and/or criminal activity
- Disclosure of legally confidential information
- Copyright or trademark violations
- Promotional posts that advertise people, products, and services, or that make solicitations
- Excessive comments unrelated to and/or detracting from the conversation surrounding the original post
- Duplicative comments—only the first comment will be retained
- As Denison’s campus represents private property, the college reserves the right to protect the identity and privacy of its students, to deny requests for student contact information, and to remove photos as appropriate.
Social media users are subject to the Terms of Service of individual social media platforms.
Furthermore, third-party links that Denison University shares through social media do not indicate an endorsement of third-party entities by the college. The college likewise is not responsible for content shared by said third parties.
Adapted, in part, from the University of Michigan’s Community Guidelines.