The provost is the chief academic officer of Denison University. The Office of the Provost is responsible for the curriculum and the faculty of the University.
The responsibilities of the Office of the Provost are carried out through the oversight that the office exercises over the governance system of the University, including:
- President’s Advisory Committee
- Academic Affairs Committee
- Personnel Committee
- Faculty Development Committee
- Academic Standing Board
- Assessment Committee
- Information Technology Advisory Committee
- Election and Selection Committee
In addition, the Registrar and the directors of the Athletic Department, Denison Museum, Information Technology Services, and the Library report directly to the Provost. The Office of the Provost co-ordinates the work of the department chairs.