Levi Rose House

Levi Rose House

Established: 
1820
Current Use: 

Headquarters of the Ohio Campus Compact, a statewide higher education coalition promoting civic engagement.

History & Architecture

Built for Captain Levi Rose who settled in Granville from Massachusetts in 1805. Rose also fought in the War of 1812. The home was given to the college as part of the Deeds Purchase of 1917.

Athletics Quad
In its mission to cultivate “engaged citizens of a democratic society,” Denison proudly provides Rose as headquarters for the Ohio Campus Compact, a coalition of 47 institutions working to promote civic engagement through grant-funded student initiatives.
Designer/Architect: 
Believed to be Levi Rose and Allen Sinnet
Building Style: 
Federal style home