My biography is a retrospective connect-the-dots story. While I was fortunate to be the first college graduate in my family, my career path was definitely a winding sort of journey. I did not identify a passionate career interest until midlife. One graduate internship led me to work in a college counseling center, where I realized that I loved working with young adults.
While my style is theoretically integrative, I believe in a strengths-based positive psychological approach. Client wellness is the cornerstone of my work and I think positive change can be achieved with learning, practice, and good therapeutic support. My professional area of focus is adult ADHD, both individual and group interventions. but I have many areas of interest such as art and alternative evidence-based therapies.
The experience at a liberal arts residential college like Denison is a unique opportunity for students to mature, explore self, develop life skills, and build resiliency in addition to earning their academic degree. I embrace the values and mission of a liberal arts education and it is an honor to serve students here.
College students with ADHD
- Board Member, The Center for Balanced Living, Columbus, OH
- American Counseling Association (ACA)
- Association for Spiritual, Ethical & Religious Values in Counseling (ASERVIC)
- Association for Creativity in Counseling (ACC)
- Association for Specialists in Group Work (ASGW)
- American College Counseling Association (ACCA)
- Ohio Counseling Association (OCA)