Throughout the month of October, the many partner organizations of the Denison Coalition for Sexual Respect are working to reach as much of the community as possible with fun and unique ways to learn about sexual respect. Below are a few highlights of the month.
- One Love Escalation Workshop, October 3 @ 7:30pm in Higley Auditorium
- The One Love Foundation works to bring an end to Relationship Violence by educating, empowering and activating campus communities in a movement for change. Escalation illuminates the warning signs of an unhealthy and potentially dangerous relationship. Repeatedly described as “eye-opening” yet “deeply recognizable,” Escalation makes relationship abuse personal, causing participants to ask “What can I do to change this?”
- “Audrie & Daisy” Screening, presented by SHARE, October 12 @7:30pm in Higley Auditorium
- From the movie’s website: “AUDRIE & DAISY is an urgent real-life drama that examines the ripple effects on families, friends, schools and communities when two underage young women find that sexual assault crimes against them have been caught on camera. From acclaimed filmmakers Bonni Cohen and Jon Shenk (The Island President, The Rape of Europa), AUDRIE & DAISY — which made its world premiere at the 2016 Sundance Film Festival — takes a hard look at American’s teenagers who are coming of age in this new world of social media bullying, spun wildly out of control.” Watch the trailer on YouTube.
- “Custard and Consent” presented by DASH, IFC, and SHARE, October 19 @8:00pm on Slayter 3rd Floor
- FREE WHIT’s (while it lasts). Come learn more about consent; what it is, how to ask for it, and how we navigate it in relationships and everyday life, while making Whit's custard sundaes!
- Take Back the Night Vigil presented by SHARE, October 26 @7:00pm at Slayter Flagpole
- From Wikipedia: “Take Back the Night is an international event and non-profit organization with the mission of ending sexual, relationship, and domestic violence in all forms.” SHARE will host a vigil outside of Slayter. Students will be given a chance to share their stories, listen to others, and reflect on the impact of violence on our community.
- Denison Coalition for Sexual Respect Open Community Meetings, October 9 and 23 @4:30pm in Higley Auditorium
- The Denison Coalition for Sexual Respect (DCSR) is a group consisting of faculty, staff, and student members representing various offices, majors, and student organizations/groups formed to promote sexual respect on campus through education, advocacy and culture change initiatives. Please join us to learn more about the organization and how to get involved!
The Denison Coalition for Sexual Respect (DCSR), is a community group consisting of faculty, staff, and students representing key majors, offices, and organizations formed to promote sexual respect on campus. The charge the coalition is to share, create, and promote opportunities to educate the community about sexual misconduct, sexual violence, and other forms of gender and relationship violence and to advocate for those affected for the purpose of preventing violence and promoting a culture of sexual respect within our community.