2019 Spring Break Housing Information
Spring Break is approaching; please remind your student to make note of these important reminders when making their travel plans.
- Residence halls close on Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 9AM for Spring Break.
- Residence halls open Sunday, March 24, 2019 at 9AM.
- All students who plan to remain on campus must complete a Spring Break Housing Application via their MyHousing Portal (available through MyDenison).
- The deadline for students to submit a break housing application is Friday, March 8, 2019 at NOON. Applications and requests received after the deadline may not be accepted.
- Approved students may remain in their fall housing assignment for Spring Break.
Student Housing is unable to approve delayed departures or early arrivals back to campus. Break housing is designed for students requiring housing for the entire break period. Students should work to secure off-campus housing accommodations if their travel plans require them to arrive in the central Ohio area prior to the residence hall opening date.
Each student residing on campus during break must have a verified reason to be in residence. The following constitute verified reasons:
- International student who cannot travel home and does not have a domestic address
- Student athlete involved in competition over a break period
- Student with verified financial need or financial constraints which require remaining on campus
- Research student with required, supervised work to be completed over break
- Student employee with break obligations to an on-campus job (equivalent to 30 hours per week)
- University sponsored event/trip/program
Should your student have any questions or concerns regarding break housing or the application criteria for break housing, they should contact the Housing Office at email@example.com before the application deadline of NOON on Friday, March 8, 2019.